900 Pandora Restoration

Currently reading:
900 Pandora Restoration

FreddieThePandora

Hey Everyone!

I'm pretty new to the fiat world, purchased Freddie roughly a week ago, he's a 1983 Fiat 900e Pandora, he needs a little bit of work...

we acquired him as none runner and he needs a new lease of life, so we're attempting to bring him back to life! We managed to get him running after rebuilding the carburettor, adding a new battery, new plug leads, and we just happened to have a new fuel pump sitting in the back, so threw that on for good measure. After all this we got the engine going! and he sounds ace! downside the alternator belt went, so need to get a new one of those ordered, from what I believe is heaven for old fiat parts(Ricambio).

Got a welder arriving on Tuesday, as just about every single panel needs a little work doing, some more than others. but hoping we can do our best to bring him back!

If anyone knows of anyone scrapping/breaking a 900, we would really appreciate the rear vents on the back wing, if not we're gonna have some "fun" fabbing some!

Keep posted for on going work! I'm working on Freddie hopefully every Wednesday and Saturday for the foreseeable future.

Attachments

• first day.jpg
    first day.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 50
Lol I happen to be the cheery ghost, photo was taken on day one, also the day that we found that the roof is rotten and needs repairing.... also the day we had a metal strut go through the roof, so much for being water tight, might have to give him a brolly for the time being

Welcome to the club, I'm sure that you will become a seasoned Ebayer searching out the elusive parts in the weeks/months ahead. Like most of us on the forum we mainly started out with the idea that all that was needed is a little welding here and there :bang:

Thanks Gary!

We kinda knew before we picked her up that there's quite a significant amount of work, starting from the outside in, every panel needs some attention with the welder, some more than others... that and the roof needs rebuilding as its completely rotted. came across a brake caliper the other day in our box of goodies that came with her, so interested to get underneath in the coming weeks to see what surprises we have laying in wait. All fun and games!

Back