Off Topic Pandits crossword: something for the BH weekend!

Currently reading:
Off Topic Pandits crossword: something for the BH weekend!

Funny how "similar threads" are both by me...! :nutter:
Palio suggested I start a thread for this, rather than hide it away -- and claims to have completed it! Clever clogs! :p

No prizes, therefore -- just something to keep you occupied, if you can't go outside to do a spot of welding, in the rain.... :rolleyes:

This should be 'completable' on a webpage -- and can be found here.... :p

Here's a picture, if you want to print it out, and use a pencil, in the time-honoured fashion. (Click through a couple of times, to get the big, printable version.) :cool:

Have fun...! :eek:

Thank you - I think you should put this on a separate thread so everyone sees it. :idea:

It was bit hard though :eek: I should have known it would go a bit cryptic in places.

Well done, most excellent work dude. It bugged me for a while but I have defeated it (apparently - it came up and said it was sol-ved (in my best Inspector Clouseau accent ;) ) ).

homeward I got stuck on a few but got there in the end - 5 down nearly stumped me for some reason & that was the last one I got. :bang: I found it much harder than I expected. (y)

I do like 13 across, but got that quite easily for some reason. Must be the way my mind works!! :eek:

homeward I got stuck on a few but got there in the end - 5 down nearly stumped me for some reason & that was the last one I got. :bang: I found it much harder than I expected. (y)

I do like 13 across, but got that quite easily for some reason. Must be the way my mind works!! :eek:

That should, hopefully, intrigue people...! ;)

8 down was the only one I really cheated on... -- I just couldn't find a word to fit...! :eek:

My inspiration, though, was Araucaria, from the Guardian -- hence the slightly offbeat crypticness... -- I started doing his crosswords at university, and loved the way his mind worked. Hopefully, as a result, though, you had a few moments of struggle followed by the delight of working out the answer (a bit like finally undoing a stubborn wheel bolt...)! :)

i find it so frustrating that i cant do crosswords yet the wife revels in them to the point the radio times xmas one is always done and posted off long before the man in the red coat comes

Back