General Panda Van?

Currently reading:
General Panda Van?

Liteboy

We would like to convert our TA Trekking into a van, we know the Panda Van is available in Europe but not the UK but wonder if it is possible to convert an existing Panda. Fiat are being their usual helpful selves. The other option might be to buy one from Europe and covert it to RH drive if that is even possible.
Just wondered if anyone has been down this route already?

You can take the rear seats out, and black out the rear windows with some wrap (obviously telling your insurance co) the only difference between this and a van would be the glass still being in place behind the wrap and the van saying it’s a van on the v5 document which you really don’t want.

Plenty of people with things like landrovers remove the rear seats and deck the backs out for off road adventures and there was a van version available In the uk.

Honestly though why do you want to turn a panda into a van ?

You can take the rear seats out, and black out the rear windows with some wrap (obviously telling your insurance co) the only difference between this and a van would be the glass still being in place behind the wrap and the van saying it’s a van on the v5 document which you really don’t want.

Plenty of people with things like landrovers remove the rear seats and deck the backs out for off road adventures and there was a van version available In the uk.

Honestly though why do you want to turn a panda into a van ?
Not my idea, my wife wants a van but loves the Panda and the Twin air, she did also think about a Qubo or a Fiorino but she doesn't want a diesel. 🤷

Hi.
If you have any issues with insurance for this type of conversion then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

I had a Peugeot 106 which I used as a van for 10 years on the farm. Just took the back seats out and cut some 10mm ply to size for the load area. Could easily do something similar to a Panda. Hardest bit would be to fit a load separating bulkhead if you were so inclined.

Back