General Panda to Africa

Currently reading:
General Panda to Africa

Jim What a cool site, when the heel did you get the time to start that one and why have you never mentioned it to Sylvias other part owner "ME". I'm away to add it to my site (which I see hasn't been added to yours btw)

Well done.(y)

Stuartl said:
why have you never mentioned it to Sylvias other part owner "ME". I'm away to add it to my site (which I see hasn't been added to yours btw)

there's only room for one spotlight darling :p

Well.....

before1.jpg

Sylvia from Last August, about 2 weeks after I bougth her....

One year ago tonight, the 9th September 2005 Alan, myself and a very clean Sylvia the panda left Belfast on Stena for Scotland to go 5500 miles to Morocco and back... I honestly thought we'd never see the car again after this shot in Mervyn Stewarts that day:eek:

Panda_at_MS_b.jpg

12 months, 14500 miles later, from the Sahara to San Francisco and she's still going!

Not very relevant but thought I just bring it up again to cause it always cheers me up to think about it... (especally after a day of 'Do you want a bag with that' or 'what do you mean that your talktalk isn't working....)

Makes me feel like an explorer!

But on the other hand....

Captain Cook was killed by natives, Sir Walter Raleigh was beheaded, and Columbus probably died of syphillis!

So maybe shop work isn't that bad:eek:

Jim

Last edited:
'have panda,will travel' is my moto jim....funny what pandas do to your mentality...:D great photos and its brilliant to read about your adventures.
the panda's had a good year...it seems youve enjoyed yourself along the way as well :p
good luck to you...
gina XX

It would be more profitable than window cleaning with the weather as it is fo'sure :p
...burglars round here don't use ladders anyway - they steal 'em now for the scrap value. I thought of locking them onto the roof bars but then they'd nick the car...

Last edited:
Indeed Jim - had the pass. door screwdrivered - not content to stick it in the keyhole, oh no, tried to lever out the bleedin' catch complete with lock, and bent the door in all round it! Bas**rds. That's 2nd time they've been in the Panda... it's very sad... :(
But we digress - it was heartwarming to see the pics of your little Panda this am!
cheers
mick

Back