Panda 2012+ Panda: Running/side lights Query

Currently reading:
Panda 2012+ Panda: Running/side lights Query

WennersTheWild

Hello,

I have a 2013 Panda 0.9 twinair (Fab car, very disappointing fuel economy) anyway now its getting dark on my commute I have noticed that I have no rear lights on at all when just using the side/running lights.

Given that my old 07 Panda had a 3 switch lighting control (Off, Side lights-front and back, main lights front and back) and my new one only has a 2 switch control (Running/side lights and main lights). I am wondering whether either my rear side lights have broken OR in order to get the rear lights working I need to switch to full headlights.

Anyone able to shed any light (pardon the pun)??

you are correct in your thinking.

Your DRL (Daytime running lights) only work a brighter version of your front headlights.

The only way of getting the rear lamps to work is to have your full lights on, so your lights are not broken

Hello,

I have a 2013 Panda 0.9 twinair (Fab car, very disappointing fuel economy) anyway now its getting dark on my commute I have noticed that I have no rear lights on at all when just using the side/running lights.

Given that my old 07 Panda had a 3 switch lighting control (Off, Side lights-front and back, main lights front and back) and my new one only has a 2 switch control (Running/side lights and main lights). I am wondering whether either my rear side lights have broken OR in order to get the rear lights working I need to switch to full headlights.

Yes, current regulations (EU ?) don't allow running on sidelights alone,
but also insist on Daylight Running Lights when moving.

Hence what you've found. With ignition off, you can have just sidelights
for parking only.

One thing I do like is that the Panda has two rearlight bulbs each side.
But it would have been better still if they'd fitted LED rearlights...

Chris

Hello,

I have a 2013 Panda 0.9 twinair (Fab car, very disappointing fuel economy)

lights..?? = as said it's down to EU regulations,
some cars you cannot switch the DRL's off,:(

fuel econopmy.. It WILL improve with miles , Twinairs don't free off properly until @ 7 ,000 miles,

adapting to the TA's power characteristics also helps, ;)

now mines done over 5K, the TOTAL = lifetime average is now 47mpg,
pretty good considering it was 7 mpg after delivery..!!, (y)

Charlie

Back