Technical Panda Overheating

Currently reading:
Technical Panda Overheating

It was probably your thermostat all along then... Metal vaned ones don't fail - but sounds like you did what I did with overfilling then which would eventually knack the bearing of course.

I put my cover back on today (now I've established I've no leaks...)
Yeah, took me around 20 mins (with pulley on) - I reckon the trick is to lever the bottom behind the pulley (er gently of course :p) - if you can get the 2 lower protrusions behind the pulley while avoiding the toothed water pump drive pulley with the sleeve of the lower bolt hole... oh just **** it with a big hammer! :D

that's a first - I've been automatically censored! :devil:

Cover now back on. The process:
Jack up front and stick on axle stand, remove black plastic cover and expose bottom pulley from underneath, Ask my wife for help, I guide cover in from below. I thought We might end up stressed and arguing but was done first time, 30 seconds is all.
My revelation to you is that it is a two person job!

For a few months my 1993 CLX (christine) has been having a cold heater, standing traffic the guage starts to climb, gets near the red zone, fan kicks in, cools down to centre, read on here about waterpump being a plastic vane type,pipes are hot to near the heater but no further

Back