Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Cinq

Votes: 36 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • either

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
Cinq because they are newer and smaller...tho i'd go for a punto...being a punto owner and that..55s are only group 3 and have the same engine as a cinq sporting also only group 3 insurance not the panda and cinqs group one but it will sit on a motorway and carry people and luggage so you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
it'll be hard to find a cinq or panda that isnt going to be a constant drain on your finances keeping it on the road. unless you want to be fixing it every weekend i would go for something newer, plus newer cars are cheaper to insure. for example a 1.0 micra is far better built, far more reliable, has better performance and handling, is cheap as chips to buy, and even costs less to insure. if you can live with the bubble styling its a far better choice imo.

if you're keen to get a fiat then go for the seicento, or a punto.

it'll be hard to find a cinq or panda that isnt going to be a constant drain on your finances keeping it on the road. unless you want to be fixing it every weekend i would go for something newer, plus newer cars are cheaper to insure. for example a 1.0 micra is far better built, far more reliable, has better performance and handling, is cheap as chips to buy, and even costs less to insure. if you can live with the bubble styling its a far better choice imo.

if you're keen to get a fiat then go for the seicento, or a punto.

Got a mate who owned two bubble micras on the spin, firstly a 1.0 tropic then a 1.3 lx... you can't kill them in day to day use the 1.0 died when he headbutted a house, the 1.3 survived being side swiped by an artic and is still going, he did 45k in the 1.3 only serviced it twice, still it ran like a swiss watch and lightly tuned was a match for an 85. however they have an annoying tendancy of collecting water in the sills forward of the rear arch so most of the earlier ones have had to be plated to pass mots or had new sills or will require them very soon, the later shape bubbles had under seal along the sills which seemed to solve this.

it'll be hard to find a cinq or panda that isnt going to be a constant drain on your finances keeping it on the road. unless you want to be fixing it every weekend....

Excuse me but some of us have managed to get our 'fix it everyweekend' Panda's to some very tough places and brought it back alive!

sanfran11.jpg

africa.jpg

DSC02644.jpg

tommeansyl.jpg

And it's still got enough life in it to go trackdaying!

09032008235_edited.jpg

Avast ye ya snobby scum and your newer cars!

(and above all things, a Nissan??? Please!!!)

Jim

Last edited:
The mk2 Pandas are the ones made from 1985 on....

Well said!

When did you meet Tom Ford? Did he happen to be filming 5th Gear?

O and don't forget that the Panda is a bigger car. Fits more in and isn't pushed around by 4x4's and the like, as much as some smaller cars on the road are.

As a former Chink owner, that's what I'd vote. I only had it a few weeks, serviced what bits I could but it was obvious it hadn't had a lot of TLC in its little life and still ran well and got 60mpg no matter what I did to it. Was a lovely car and I had great affection for it :)

personally out of those two, i'd have the panda but i would recommend to anyone else the cinq, purely for the reason that the cinq is newer and hopefully still a fair bit of life left in it. pandas are getting older now and unless well maintained are likely going to need more servicing and replacing of parts that are getting old and tired. i'd have the panda as they are cool little things especially the 4x4! and they're much better looking than the cinqs.

either way have you checked insurance prices on them? just because they're small and group 1 insurance doesn't neccessarily mean you'll be paying lots more for something bigger/larger engine/higher insurance group. as there is several factors.

also if you don't plan on spending too much you'll no doubt be limited to whats available in your local area, and within your budget. i'm not a expert but cinqs are about £500 minimum for a sporting? which to me still sounds a lot for not a lot of car. though this could be ideal if you live in a city and only do short trips but if you intend to regularly use motorways and go on longer journeys bigger cars tend to offer more comfort.

so if you have your heart set on a fiat i'd suggest you look into puntos :yuck::p or even a 1.4 fiat tipo :slayer: which can cost a bit more on insurance but are as cheap as chips to buy! though these are getting old now.

just get onto some insurance websites and put in quotes, remember that if they are high then you can do pass plus for about £100 which some companys then give you 20% or so off. which in my case saved me money.

just don't be too narrow sighted. especially if your budget is limited theres plenty of other good cars out there that could be perfect for you!

Back