Panda Panda , clicking noise at rear near side, noise gets faster on acceleration and is worse when turning right

Currently reading:
Panda Panda , clicking noise at rear near side, noise gets faster on acceleration and is worse when turning right

stepear

Clicking noise at rear near side, louder when turning right, speeds up under acceleration

I've had my brake drums off recently for pre mot inspection, I noticed the handbrake balance bar was pulling to one side, with the drums off, I found a piece of metal from the auto adjuster floating around inside, luckily no further damage and I have ordered and recieved adjusters shoes and wheel cylinders ready to fit over the next few days (weather permitting) So wonder if something similar has happened to your brakes (and its not just a stone stuck in the tyre!)

I've had my brake drums off recently for pre mot inspection, I noticed the handbrake balance bar was pulling to one side, with the drums off, I found a piece of metal from the auto adjuster floating around inside, luckily no further damage and I have ordered and recieved adjusters shoes and wheel cylinders ready to fit over the next few days (weather permitting) So wonder if something similar has happened to your brakes (and its not just a stone stuck in the tyre!)
Thank you for sharing this with me, it seems likely that the problem is with the drum as others have suggested the same thing, thank you once again

It would be helpful to hear it

We also need to know whether you have drum, disc brakes, 2WD or 4x4

If it regular, I am guessing it is as speeds up under acceleration is the only info I have at the moment

If its one click per wheel revolution, stone or nail in tyre

Or

Wheel bearing which also fits the symptom of worse under load when turning

Broken bits inside the drum generally do not cause a regular ticking or clicking noise

Last edited:
Back