General Panda appraisal.

Currently reading:
General Panda appraisal.

Liquid Knight

Distinguished member
Do you know what? Poo happens. I'm not selling my Panda to bail someone else out. I have come up with a better plan. ;)

Thank you for the fourteen views and no comments. :)

Last edited:
Sorry guys. I was thinking of valuing and possibly selling my Fantasia to help a family member out.

I changed my mind and these threads don't have a delete option.

Well if you want to dig around my finances on a public forum. Since the economic downturn (at least that's the government spin on the biggest depression since World War II) I have been made redundant without any redundancy package due to three of the four companies I worked for collapsing and the other one down-scaling to the point where it's family members only. I've taken another job in a completely different field as I was unemployed for two weeks and bored. My current take home income is less than a third of what it was before and I consistently earn £40 a month less than I pay out.

So I have down scaled myself. Taking a local position to reduce my commuting, buying a Panda to reduce my insurance and fuel costs. Any money I save to spend on the car (remember the car was off the road for six months last year because I had to save for parts) is thanks to cycling to work and other reductions.

From where I was compared to where I am now I still consider myself one of the lucky ones. There are people a lot worse off than me and things could be a lot worse than they are for a lot of us.

On the plus side though. I managed to sell my house just before the property marked imploded. Still at a £20,000 loss but it covered the mortgage and soon after loosing my job I became single so I could spend more time Pandaing without critique. ;)

I really don't think you needed to talk about your situation...you have been given a bit of "ribbing/banter" on here which is likely due to your other threads in which you detail the money you spend on bullbars, 4x4, fantasia stickers etc etc. a donation can be as little as 50p.

No malice....just banter.

Good point.

I was thinking about that post on the way into work and it may have come across as a suggestion that my Fantasia is a compromise. Far from it. The truth is my Panda is the best car I've had in years. Economy, performance, versatility, entertainment, as well as their being a part of a cult. ;-)

Pity parts aren't as easy to get hold of these days.

Back