Technical Panda 100hp woes

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 100hp woes

Found out recently that the earth cable on my 1.2 needs to be replaced. So, not just 100's have that problem.
Need to find the part number but eper isn't working properly. :(

With all the problems my Dad had on his Stilo, I wish I had known this was common. I would have checked that...

relatively common on relatively new 500's too:eek:

my 11 year old panda has only needed a battery in all that time, never blown a bulb or fuse:worship:

I'll have a look at mine tomorrow as I sometimes get a slight hesitation when accelerating from low revs.
I've checked most other things e.g. plugs coil packs etc. I've had the battery assembly of recently to do a slave cyl.

Just completed the strip down clean copper cable grease and rebuild routine. Second attempt, unbolting the slave to get to the far end was fun but done. Reattached the earth with copper nuts. Let's see what tomorrow brings. This forum is excellent especially as most of the advice stays on years after the first wave to issues and advice. Cheers Pandistas!

Did the rod come out of your slave cyl when you unbolted it.
Shouldn’t do the rubber boot keeps everything together

The piston can’t come out either. There’s a plastic clip at the outer end of the cylinder that acts as a stop.

If it’s the same as the 1.1 and 1.2 the earth is bolted right underneath the clutch slave. Just undo the two bolts holding it down and move it out of the way

Just needs pushing back into place and bolt back up when done

Koalar new problem is now engine light on and very sluggish at idle and low speed, this 20 mins after I had a good run in it with all working well after my earth cable success must be related but I cant work out why your expert opinion is welcomed as I see you have huge knowledge of the cars

The piston can’t come out either. There’s a plastic clip at the outer end of the cylinder that acts as a stop.

If it’s the same as the 1.1 and 1.2 the earth is bolted right underneath the clutch slave. Just undo the two bolts holding it down and move it out of the way

I see you're cheshire based too, I'm in Northwich

lets think about this starter motor 100 amps @ 12V

That’s 100000 milliamps

Most of the sensors are 5V and have a different path to ground

Even then they are usually limited to a max of 64mA via a internal resistor in the engine control unit

If the starter is turning over and the battery is charging the lead under the slave cylinder will be fine.

The same can not be said about the point where it bolts on to the chassis leg. A bad connection here can cause all sorts of problems

Koalar new problem is now engine light on and very sluggish at idle and low speed,
This might help in getting to the bottom of the initial problem. Reading the code will hopefully point you in the right direction.
This would be my first move

Followed by a visual check of all the wires and pipes near the battery tray
this 20 mins after I had a good run in it with all working well after my earth cable success must be related but I cant work out why

Neither can I at the moment. It was faulty before you started. Went better temporarily then went worse.

Sounds like something is loose ? Possibly
your expert opinion is welcomed as I see you have huge knowledge of the cars
Except the 100hp

This might help in getting to the bottom of the initial problem. Reading the code will hopefully point you in the right direction.
This would be my first move

Followed by a visual check of all the wires and pipes near the battery tray

Neither can I at the moment. It was faulty before you started. Went better temporarily then went worse.

Sounds like something is loose ? Possibly

Except the 100hp
All appreciated, some above my head hence I'll take to my friendly little garage today/tomorrow. I agree something sounds loose to me but not the earth cable. We shall see and I'll report back. I'll have my money on it being cables in the under battery tray plastic pipe that hooks on underneath it.

Yes now I think about you're right. I remember seeing the clip when I pulled the one I replaced to pieces.
It just seemed to extend a long way when I removed the bolts. I did manage to hold it in place while I checked the tightness of the earth wire bolt though and there was no evidence of corrosion etc.

I have an oil leak....just moved it and a lovely slick has appeared..car clearly overly excited at having the earth cleaned that it's peed on the drive!

Sump leak sorted, bizarre timing to go... Anyway the engine light issue due to Coil 4 failing, the little fella will be sorted and home tomorrow fixed 🐼👌

So, it was the oil pressure sensor leaking, sorted, coil 4 failed, sorted. Car driving like a little demented ninja? OK that's me making misbehave. Huge fun when it all works. 🐼🥷

Found out recently that the earth cable on my 1.2 needs to be replaced. So, not just 100's have that problem.
Need to find the part number but eper isn't working properly. :(

With all the problems my Dad had on his Stilo, I wish I had known this was common. I would have checked that...
It's a earth Cable get one from your local car spare place no need to go to fiat for one

Back