Technical Panda 100hp Ticking from clutch

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 100hp Ticking from clutch

ollyr45

Hi,

Just recently (Tuesday :D) got a Panda 100hp, hence not having been on the forums before.

Driven 30-odd miles in it, and on returning home noticed a ticking noise when the clutch was depressed or released.

The ticking happens as you press or release the clutch, how fast depending on how fast you press or release. Still seems to bite fine.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Help much appreciated.

Cheers,
Olly

edit: appears to just be the spring squeaking. cheers anyway :)

Last edited:
Just to clarify, do you mean that when you operate the clutch pedal there's a regular "tick, tick, tick..." sound from the region of the clutch itself or..........do you mean that when you press the pedal it goes, "tick" and then does it again when you release it?

if its still biting fine and no juddering to sugest a friction plate issue, Id say release bearing.
Assuming you mean that the ticking is continuous when the pedal is depressed.

If you mean that the tick happens as the pedal goes down, But doesnt continue when its all the way down. Then its a different matter.

Also where is the noise specifically coming from? Have you isolated it to the gearbox area? Or just assumed such as it happens only when pressing the clutch?

See you've edited it... Ill shut up haha...

Congrats on the 100hp purchase tho... Spot on little car... Ive had 50 odd cars due to me getting bored quickly....

The 100hp is still making me smile everyday... epic fun (y)

Cheers for response.

Was ticking as clutch went in or out, not when clutch was in or out.

Only occasionally happens intermittently now, so assuming just a spring.

Just kinda bricked it having just bought it and all :)

Agreed, tis much fun ;)

Think mine has the same thing to be honest. I can only ever here it when the engine is off and it is parked in my garage but its been like it for the past 2 years so I doubt its something to worry too much about!

Back