General Panda 100hp prices - random?

Currently reading:
General Panda 100hp prices - random?

mookistar

Hi guys,
Been registered here since my Punto GT days but have never posted much.

I'm looking to get into a 100hp and the prices just seem to be being made up by the sellers. I saw an 06 with leather for £5k which was ropey. Going to see a 57 with 49,000 miles tomorrow which is £4500 but when I'm searching forums I keep finding tales of 08, 09 cars with 30k going for just over £5k. It doesn't help I'm in London but am I right in saying prices have bottomed out and potentially are on the rise?

I'd love to drive miles to find the right car but simply can't justify the effort only to get there to find a dog.

does anyone know the black 57 plate with abarth brakes on autotrader?
Aside the ditchfinders, it looks alright?

I'm just finding it hard to find a good combination of low miles and late reg. Should I wait a while? is the market depressed?

Thanks for any feedback

Mook

Last edited:
Hi Mook,

Yeh they seem all over the place, bought my 07 100hp 2 years ago with 29k on the clock for £4k.
Seems as if I could pretty much sell it for the same price now looking on eBay and autotrader, i am in London also have a look on pistonheads as that's where I got mine from prices look a bit better! Good luck (y)

I got mine last week from Sheffield. Red 08 plate with 22k on the clock for £4500. we looked at some proper dogs before we decided on one.

Hi Mook,

Yeh they seem all over the place, bought my 07 100hp 2 years ago with 29k on the clock for £4k.
Seems as if I could pretty much sell it for the same price now looking on eBay and autotrader, i am in London also have a look on pistonheads as that's where I got mine from prices look a bit better! Good luck (y)

Nothing much on PH at the mo, auto trader is a bit bleak. I'm gonna take a look at this one tomorrow to see how clean it is. It'll need a cambelt and some decent rubber but assuming its clean for the mileage I see no other reasons not to go for it?

Mook

That's so cheap :(
There's the odd one Op narf but I'm loathe to drive for 4 hours and waste £100 on petrol on the off chance of not being a dog :(

Mook
I got mine last week from Sheffield. Red 08 plate with 22k on the clock for £4500. we looked at some proper dogs before we decided on one.

The only advise i can give is just take cash, thats what i did and got £500 of the price! But take your time I want to see a rough black one before i bought my one!

Obviously aside the usual, is there anything specific to look for? I've read about rear shocks and ESR but even they have conflicting reports

Thanks for the replies

Mook

HPI it, service history, panel gap, panel colours, apart from that just test drive and see how it feels!
Let us know how you get on and good luck!

Can you post the link to the panda you are going to see?? Had a look and seems to be a few black ones on autotrader!!

Of course

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201241488455776?atmobcid=soc4

I know the abarth badges are frowned upon but I've got form for that. Lol. The main thing is condition for mileage

Nah it looks really good!! Looks like it has had a bit of tlc and the Abath badges look good with the black!! Those drilled disc look good to!
Just see if it has had it's belts done as it should of really maybe use that to get some money off!! :D

I would definately look at a few, you will then get a feel for what you are looking at. IMO buying one with drilled discs and Abarth badges signals it's probably had a hard life.

I would definately look at a few, you will then get a feel for what you are looking at. IMO buying one with drilled discs and Abarth badges signals it's probably had a hard life.
Or the owner has spent money on it! I have sports exhaust and lowering springs and anything my panda needs gets done! But it does get driven like its been stolen from time to time ;)

The owner is selling due to a second baby on the way. No doubt its been driven but that's not to say abused. I know it hasn't had the belts done so obviously the prioritisation of funds for red brakes instead of belts makes me nervous but if he's following the service book them the belts technically aren't due. However if it needed new brakes, I'd fit uprated discs and pads so that's no suprise

I'm in no rush. It might be enthusiast owned and cherished and be a great example. Soon find out.

I've already seen one other that was clean enough but looked tired so I have an idea of what to look at.

Thanks for the advice tho. Ill make sure head rules heart.

Last edited:
Belts will need doing straightway and new tyres. Surprising that someone fits up rated brakes (whic are unnecessary) but is happy to run around on appalling rubber. Not the most positive sign..

Exactly. Ill ask pertinent questions. I am assuming the brakes were fitted when he was keeping it and the tyres were fitted to sell it.

Of course

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201241488455776?atmobcid=soc4

I know the abarth badges are frowned upon but I've got form for that. Lol. The main thing is condition for mileage

Mook

I spoke to this guy before getting mine. The story he gave me was that it was his sons and he was selling it through his company on his behalf.

Apparently his son is or was a dent removal guy so all the panels should be straight etc. At the time he was still using it so the mileage was going up each week. In the end I didn't go down there as I had found one locally to me that was under book price so couldn't say no really.

i got my panda in july 2012, 29k in new orleans blue 2007!

managed to get it for £4500 ish (y)

and i think i have spent more time driving my car than sleeping! i absolutley love it :D

Back