Technical Palio won't accelerate

Currently reading:
Technical Palio won't accelerate

Skhuu

I am new to the forum and Fiat ownership. I need advise on a problem I have.

I bought a 2002 Fiat Palio 1.6 last week. The car was standing for about 5 months or more. When I bought it wasn't firing. It would only crank and then took it to a mechanic. He sent me to engineering to have the top bored some bolt holes. Then he fixed the car and it stared without problems, first kick. But when you press the accelerator the car doesn't accelerate. It's like you didn't depress it.
The mechanic even checked the injectors and they were all okay.

He then told me that the injectors needs to be programmed and I have to take it to some auto shop who deals with injectors. His explanation was that if a car is parked for a long time the injectors lose the programming and then they will need to be programmed later.

My question is does this make any sense? Is it something that really happens.

I read through the forums and the internet and some people said the EGR and MAF might need to be cleaned.

Thanking you for your help in advance.

What kind of engine is in the car, the Fiat 1,6-16V version, or maybe a GM engine...??
Post a picture if you will, so we can be sure.

Thanks for your respond. It's a 1.6 - 16 valve engine. The car is with the mechanic so can't take picture.

The picture is therefore not of my car. But is exactly the same as in the picture. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• FiatPalio.png
    FiatPalio.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 67
Thanks Peter, that helps. It didn't make sense to me as well. Only problem is I have to think what to do. Maybe get another mechanic or tow it to a reputable garage. Otherwise I'll spend a lot of money for nothing.

Thanks, I'll update about how I solved this.

Will check the accelerator cable and if it's okay I guess I'll have to try the dealership.

This mechanic of yours is taking u for a ride there's now way the injectors can loose Its programing if the car whas standing if u can bring the car to me ill check I'm situated in springs

This mechanic of yours is taking u for a ride there's now way the injectors can loose Its programing if the car whas standing if u can bring the car to me ill check I'm situated in springs

Are you also a mechanic?

Back