painting ceiling carpet

Currently reading:
painting ceiling carpet

Hi guys,

I've had a few recommendations for appropriate paints before but I want to make sure I get this right. I'm looking to paint it black. Any suggestions so it looks good?

Cheers:cool:

EDIT: I've confused two peeps on MSN at least. I mean the stuff on the roof inside the car.

Last edited:
Then you mean the headlining, I was confused.

I don't think you could paint it, maybe dye it or get another one made up.

Liam

Last edited:
You mean headlining? Alaina painted hers with black Hammerite IIRC. Wasn't a bad job either...............................:)

smurfhead said:
right, went to look at dyes today. I can only see the ones where you put it in salt water and throw clothing in. Can anybody recommend a specific product?

I'm not certain it would work but you could try wood dyes. You can get almost any colour and they apply with a brush. It soaks into the material rather than sitting on the surface like paint.

hmm, i've seen them. only prob is, my ceiling lining wont fit in the washing machine:D
Big Black Stilo said:
You can get a dye that you use in the washing machine, my mum used to use it when I wore black jeans a lot in the 90's and they used to fade- made em like new and cheaper to!

smurfhead said:
hmm, i've seen them. only prob is, my ceiling lining wont fit in the washing machine:D

Paint it then :)

Hellcat said:
She didn't? :eek:

Never noticed that. :eek:

It's not really noticeable TBH unless you spend your time in a Cinq and know that the headlining is grey. I was looking at the car's cut down gearshaft when I looked up and realised the headlining was black :) My first question was how did she do it (y)

Back