Technical P0130 P2243 Lambda sensor

Currently reading:
Technical P0130 P2243 Lambda sensor

nigelvan

Searched around a bit but couldn't find much on the forum.
Hooked up MES on my 2007 X250 3.0 Euro 4. Finally found what the random MIL wanted to tell me: high speed fan 2 doesn't work. But that's another story...
Also code P0130 and P2243 popped up, pointing to the lambda sensor.
The reading of the ECU also suggest it's not working.
How hard is it to replace this? And is it worth replacing? The engine seems happy, fuel consumption is between 9.5 and 10 L /100 KM and it passed inspection and emissions yesterday...

In the diesel engine, the lambda probe determines only the operation of the EGR.

Are you sure about that? From the Fiat X250 Training manual:
1689075246988.png

Apparently my information is not correct. I have a Bravo 2 that has been recording the same error sometimes for 4 years. It has not affected the work and fuel consumption.

Apparently my information is not correct. I have a Bravo 2 that has been recording the same error sometimes for 4 years. It has not affected the work and fuel consumption.
Well, I wasn't aware of the problem and my fuel consumption is also ok (since I fixed the EGR it dropped a bit, yes, not kidding). It just passed emissions last week so I guess it's not a huge deal. I'm replacing the accessory belt soon so I'll have a look where the lambda sensor is located.

For me, it is located on the exhaust manifold near the engine, opposite the turbo.

Yesterday I found out that the problem with me comes from the fuses that are next to the battery are called engine management, also the relays with the same name. I took them out and cleaned them with contact spray and the errors don't appear now. I don't know how long, but I'm happy.

Yesterday I found out that the problem with me comes from the fuses that are next to the battery are called engine management, also the relays with the same name. I took them out and cleaned them with contact spray and the errors don't appear now. I don't know how long, but I'm happy.
It's possible. I had a similar problem with a relay for the cooling fan. Just took it out and now it works again.

I have had this problem for a long time with a glow plug, I spray with contact spray and move the pipe and for a while there is no problem. Then the blue end gave me a similar problem due to bad battery grounds. The lambda probe rarely recorded errors and I disconnected the clutch and sprayed it with spray. Last month they changed the clutch kit and before that the car sat without driving it for a while and when I woke up it started recording an error every time I drove it. After cleaning error, looking at live data, I could see that the lambda probe was starting, and this led me to think of a bad contact. Today is the third day in which it does not record an error.

I have just had same codes (just scanned with MSC) appear after noticing vehicle not running smoothly and small diesel smell 2011 2.3 ducato. Located fault to a one of the 8mm hoses split and come off the solenoid top middle of engine bay just under the windscreen skuttle.

I have just had same codes (just scanned with MSC) appear after noticing vehicle not running smoothly and small diesel smell 2011 2.3 ducato. Located fault to a one of the 8mm hoses split and come off the solenoid top middle of engine bay just under the windscreen skuttle.
Did the code disappear after fixing the hoses?
Interesting, this might explain why I had this code. I honestly didn't connect MES anymore since the last time since it doesn't work properly with my Citroën. I fiddled around with the solenoid before. I replaced it and don't have any codes anymore.

Did the code disappear after fixing the hoses?
Interesting, this might explain why I had this code. I honestly didn't connect MES anymore since the last time since it doesn't work properly with my Citroën. I fiddled around with the solenoid before. I replaced it and don't have any codes anymore.
Fixing the hose didn't clear the codes, rescanned MES and then i cleared them. Along with the ever present glowplug errors which will return shortly 🤔

Fixing the hose didn't clear the codes, rescanned MES and then i cleared them. Along with the ever present glowplug errors which will return shortly 🤔
Yes, sorry I meant if the code came back after fixing the hose AND clearing the code. Mine was also still present prior to clearing it.

Yes, sorry I meant if the code came back after fixing the hose AND clearing the code. Mine was also still present prior to clearing it.
OK. No the codes have cleared for good, well for now anyway :)

Back