Technical Overfueling after gearbox change and aircon removal(no check light )

Currently reading:
Technical Overfueling after gearbox change and aircon removal(no check light )

mozart

Greetings ..strange problem .i have a cinque spi with colombo bariani and 1.2 engine 60 lancia unit ..the car was amazing and fast but i wanted to change gearbox for a shorter one becouse the car had the 514 one (the longer gears )so i put in a sei abarth one and remove also the aircon ...at this time has start to overfuel and black soot from exhaust..also some very minor misfires when cold for some minutes .. i have an air fuel meter and all the readings goes up to rich 2-3 clicks more ...i change the map and check all the vacums and was good .. is it posible from this work to change the timing of the car ? Could it be from crank sensor ? No light

Last edited:
Have you run it through an ECU scan yet? There is a chance that it is running in open loop or safe mode (richer fuel ratio) without the light coming on. Also I don't know which ECU you are running but if the problem started after you removed the Aircon there is a chance that this was what caused it. I have an IAW6F ECU in my CC 899 and an IAW16F ECU in in my SC Sporting. Both ECUs show an Airconditioner ON parameter. In my 899 this parameter is stuck on YES and the injection duration is stuck on 0,96 ms during idle and steady revs. This feels a little rich to me since safe mode injection duration is at 1,06 ms. Meanwhile in my 1108 this parameter is always NO and the injection duration falls down to 0,67 ms. None of the cars have aircon and I don't know what caused that difference or if it is something that comes with the exact ECU or if it really matters fuelwise anyway.

Have you run it through an ECU scan yet? There is a chance that it is running in open loop or safe mode (richer fuel ratio) without the light coming on. Also I don't know which ECU you are running but if the problem started after you removed the Aircon there is a chance that this was what caused it. I have an IAW6F ECU in my CC 899 and an IAW16F ECU in in my SC Sporting. Both ECUs show an Airconditioner ON parameter. In my 899 this parameter is stuck on YES and the injection duration is stuck on 0,96 ms during idle and steady revs. This feels a little rich to me since safe mode injection duration is at 1,06 ms. Meanwhile in my 1108 this parameter is always NO and the injection duration falls down to 0,67 ms. None of the cars have aircon and I don't know what caused that difference or if it is something that comes with the exact ECU or if it really matters fuelwise anyway.
One fuse was not correct inserted ..i didnt have the time to check yet but seems to improve things after clip it right ...i will trye to put it on ecu scan i have download the programs and have buy already the cables...the car is full tuned with 1.2 engine and is rung rich but something was go wrond after aircon and grarbox removal ...i hope it was the fuse ...i will also check all the cables and put dielectric grease

Back