OT- has anybody here suffered at the influx in imigrents?

Currently reading:
OT- has anybody here suffered at the influx in imigrents?

without reading any of the previous crap ^^

I do feel for the hard working tradesman such as yourself mick, there are agents that are only looking for immigrant workers due the cheap labour etc. A little unfair don't you think?

The polish economy is changing for the better though, how long before the citizens will no longer accept the cheap wage, either here or in their homeland?

I know a few poles, some are crazy fookers lol, but a few i met on a job just before christmas were decent hard working lads, good at the job too.

We're going through tough times at the moment, no one is building etc due to having no capital available. Tighten your belts and prepare for the worst, this could be a tough year.

well ade......

are you a tradesmen?

my mortgages hahahha ..... that old chessnut ey.

look think what you like but as green will know the construction industry is going to suffer the worst and i do hope the immigrents get equal pay because then british workers better qualified migt stand a chance of getting work, i wont be surprised if i see half my workmates working at tesco's.

mate obviusly you know knothing about this situation so leave the crap out, and bankrupcy has got it all to do with it, the guys were fine paying theirbills last year but when no work no money lol.

free country sounds good but what about the people that built this country ....... ahhh stuff em ey we dont need them anymore hey lol

mick i have i have 15yrs up on whatever you know pal..
i started off in "The Trade" as an electrical/electronic engineer. so dont tell me about i know nothing.

if work is drying up, you take anything to pay the bills. that is how i have survived my 33 years pal. and bankrupty has to be debts over something like £15,000 doesn't it? or close to that. My family and home come first so you do whatever is needed to survive!

i have now moved onto a different profession..towards saving lives as Ambulance Technician....more of an upskill really- if the works not there then change it!!

think its you talking through your a r s e mate!!

yes the construction industry has slowed, as there is less capital and with the credit crunch people are wary to put financial backing to it.

Thats life, nothing to do with being an "imigrant"

Tit!!!

Ade

once again mick, you seem to alienate someone with your s h i t posts that have no relevance or backing!

Mods close this please, cos its gonna get ugly!

Ade

my 2pence,..

lets look at it from say a managers view,..you can get the same amount of work done for 4 times less wage,it keeps costs down and production up.
i have 2 polish workers at my work,they are great and they put the so called "graffters" to shame,.i dont like the way they are branded as job theives,.
program about imigrants on bbc 1 a few weeks ago was a good watch.polish worker comes to england,starts work at 6am picking butternutsquash for a farmer,he stops when the sun goes down,earns £7 an hour and is over the moon with his job.he is asked if he thinks he has stollen the job from an english worker he says "no,if english wanted this job would they not be here already?"...cuts away to a group of late teen/early twenties guys outside the dole que,they are asked if they want the job,..they reply..lol "nah mate,i get £100 a week for doing nothing","i aint grafftin on no farm",you get the idea..

ask yourself this,..if you are offered a job for 4 times your current salary for the same hours could you say no....enough said..lol

ah well there's my bitch..:)

big al

photo0029copy2xx5.jpg

well if english men wanted to get to work put there heads down and arse up and crack on with the jobs liek they are supposed to then they would think '**** that why sack him he works hard' and if people got there on time and left when they was supposed to not finish at half 4 so pack at 3.30 and then thrwo what your doing at 4.20 and go. i have been workign in the building trace for about 2 years i know its not much but i have never been sacked. i get to work carck on do what i want to and dont leave till its done and then it makes you look better i have seen the lazy ones who get a job as a labourer as a last resort slop about with a bucket of cement and dangle a sweeping brush from there arms and drag there feet sayin they are bored i have seen these people get sacked.

if you was as good as you say you are and worked as hard as you can why would they want to sack you? they may save a few quid but in the long run if its just a 7 weeks course the job wont be done peoperly so they will have to go back and sort it out. its not the polish wrkers to blame its the english lazy ****ers you want to be blaiming if english wasnt so lazy polish wouldnt have to come help.

I don't think he's talking about getting sacked as such, just not getting any work due to cheap labour prices he simply can not match.

you just hit the nail on the head mate there. thats exactly my point.

i think if we had a uniun this would not have happened personly.

"program about imigrants on bbc 1 a few weeks ago was a good watch.polish worker comes to england,starts work at 6am picking butternutsquash for a farmer,he stops when the sun goes down,earns £7 an hour and is over the moon with his job.he is asked if he thinks he has stollen the job from an english worker he says "no,if english wanted this job would they not be here already?"...cuts away to a group of late teen/early twenties guys outside the dole que,they are asked if they want the job,..they reply..lol "nah mate,i get £100 a week for doing nothing","i aint grafftin on no farm""

I saw that Al, and that program summed it up perfectly.

And Rascal made a very good point. If you do the job, and do it well, you will ALWAYS have work. Too many people in this country think they are owed a living and that the state will pay their way. It's our tax pounds that are paying for an ever increasing indiginous section of our population who have no intention of working or retraining so that they can get work, or simply doing something that they may not like for a while, so that they can have pride in themselves and the self respect that comes with providing for themselves.

I've done plenty of sh!t jobs over the years, all of which I hated, but they put the food on the table. Even when I was made redundant twice, I switched trades or used my redundancy money. I never once claimed benefits of any kind because I was driven to find my own work and pay my own way.

Rob
Mk.2 Marea Weekend 1.8 16v 115 ELX - Bigger IS better ! ;)

Not been funny rob but how dare you, my work is just as good as the next mans right it has nothing to do with workman ship or time keeping my time keeping is excellent i never start a job if i cant finnish it and i work a good 10hr day if needed always on price!
the world doesnt owe me a living.
also i have earned everything iv got and no amount of childish pedantic slurs can change that. ADE

infact yeah lock this thread cos i want to enjoy stanford hall and not argue im just gunna agree to dissagree here i think green knows what i mean.

A programme on the BBC said it's alright. Well, thats that then ;) Am I to beleive everything thats on the t.v or in the newspapers? please.
I'm not against immigrants, but it's difficult to put yourself in a position like micks let alone tell him how to live his life.

To say if you're out of work because you don't do the job right is ridiculous IMHO. But, to solely blame immigrants for being out of work is a little naive.

The problem is roberto that myself and mick wouldn't get redundency money to help fund a new career if the work was ever to dry up (it comes in waves).

I hope for your sake that the work starts coming in again, but please don't blame immigrants for lack of work. Like said previously tradesmen like us are in for a tough year.

Not getting into this argument, but these days you can be made bankrupt for debts as little as £750.

chears green tbh i blame the labour party most blair kneecapped us then brown came along for a kick in the teath lol, ill survive like as i have my carparts business taking off now but it just hurts a little to see so many of my freinds who arent in as fortunate situation as me suffer. as you know the construction industry can form some pretty deep ties. but anyway what about the MANC's eah lol lucky sods lol i so thought chelsea had it in the bag when ronhaldo missed lol how crap must terry feal now lol

My current contract runs out on Dec. 31st. In my trade work comes and goes, some years you get good, long deals, others you have to do 4 or 5 contracts a year to keep your head above water, but I'll guarantee you one thing... Come January 1st 2008, I will have a job, because I'll make sure I do and I'll do whatever it takes to adapt, even if it means picking rubbish off of streets or gutting chickens.

And Mick, you must stop taking things so damned personally.

Rob
Mk.2 Marea Weekend 1.8 16v 115 ELX - Bigger IS better ! ;)

Yes this labour party has nearly been as good/bad (depending on which way you look at it) as a conservative party. Talk about forgetting where you come from.

As for terry, well, the tears summed it up :)

Is this a first?!

Has this debate/argument come to a peacefull end?!

Take note! This thread shold be put in the fiat BOO hall of fame ;)

Oh dear. :(
Firstly, how many times has forum policy on personal abuse been broken on here? Answer - too many Hence thread will be locked if I see just one more.
Secondly, tbh Mick, I do understand where you are coming from but this is global economics. The agencies are employing Polish workers because they are happy to work for the price that the agencies are offering. That's called market forces - high supply of labour = low wages. Sorry but it's just the truth and saying that you can't live on that wages simpy means you can do one of two things - Reduce yoour standard of living and accept the wage cut or retrain for another job that still pays the wage that you have become accustomed to. It's been happening for years.
Many of my former colleagues are also out of work now because of the IT job migration to India. Market forces again. They will no have to retrain and not a lot can be done as it's a market force, just in the same way that house and commodity prices fluctuate due to demand.
Sorry your struggling to get the wage you want but it is nothing to do with Polish workers simply market forces. As for immigrants, by and large they are simply filling roles that British workers don't want to do and paying taxes on those wages to support those who don't want to do them so I say bring in more of them! Reduces the amount I have to pay to support them and increases the tax revenue to the British Economy.

ozric.jpg

"Doctor said to give up Keee-Babs. I said 'No, no-no'"
cheers.gif

My Members Page

Mick, i dont think there was any personal attack there mate, and thats from reading it from the outside. it was more of a generalistaion of the nation, coupled with the fact that the majority of imigrants that do take the place of 'English' workers work alot harder for less money. i see it in alot of different walks of life through my work no 1 and no 2 the area i live in, with construction being relatively strong here with new develpoments etc.

in the port we have a fair number of foreign workers in the cool stores, on the quay and down the hold, and they are also working their way into the offices aswell, along with the local steel mill and paper mills. they are proving to be a very versatile and very effective in the port, productivity is finally on the up again after many years of decline, and even the old stevadores (proper ones that is) are getting to like things again. operations are finally starting to get to the point they should be considering the size I(in terms of tonnage per year) of the port.

i think they add a great diversity to the country, especially the ones that are here to help and benefit the country. i have a fair few friends that are imigrants, some labourers, some professionals and some that have opened their own business' and are doing very well for themselves, and all they are doing more than anything is showing up the lazy, layabout, live of the country population that is only growing

Andy_sx

Mick, I think you hit the nail on the head tbh when you said that "my work is just as good as the next mans", however the next man is willing to work more hours and for less money, which makes him a more attractive worker!

I think you may need to retrain or move to another industry where they need workers! You obvoiusly have a kid and a partner who you need to support so when you must put the food on the table, you do what ever you can! I know my dad had done it for me in the past and if needs be I will do for my family!

Just my opinion!

Chris

Lol i agree in some cases such as the polish. I was leaving the big tesco extra round here last week and a polish car in front of me approached the roundabout, went round it to the right and nearly drove into the front of another car and caused a major accident.

Second - there was a polish man in the car dealers down the road from me, looked at a car and decided upon it. He went away and came back an hour later with a check from the government/authorities to pay for his car!

I dont have a problem with the people that come here and do things properly, ie get qualified, learn to drive, pay there own way but when they come here and do things like this it does put the idea of buying a gun in your head as mentioned above!