Technical (original-) foggies into my Tipo

Currently reading:
Technical (original-) foggies into my Tipo

stokhemc

Dear Fellow Tipo owners,

After buying my mk2 1.6 Tipo, I wanted to fit some original foglights into the Tipo, so I went down to some local scrappies and got myself the following items:

- the foglights (ofcourse)
- the wiring between the foggies with the connector to the main loom in the front under the hood
- the switch for in the dash under the vents
- a (grey) relay (5 pin, I think)

I've connected it all, fitted the relay and....it doesn't work..am I missing something here? -I thought that it was all plug'n'play?

*help*

i had exactly the same problem in my MK1 1.6
but in my case, i had the switch, relay and fuses already installed in place
but couldnt get any power to the main loom under the hood

i ended up making a separate relay, i used power from the front headlights

i had exactly the same problem in my MK1 1.6
but in my case, i had the switch, relay and fuses already installed in place
but couldnt get any power to the main loom under the hood

i ended up making a separate relay, i used power from the front headlights
I think I'm going to the scrapyard where I've gotten myself the parts; it seems logical to me that I have to make the connection between the fusebox and the main loom. All is parts are connected, but I didn't look to this.
I will also check for voltage and continuity as mentioned before and let you know it how it turned out.

ps. do I need to fit an other facia-panel because of the warning light for the front fogs? -If I take a look at my (not very clear) PDF Porter Manual, there is a connection to the facia-panel.

Any better/sharper diagram will be very helpful

Problem sorted out: there's an extra piece of wiring needed in the fusebox.
Plug "J" needs to be replaced with another one. It seems that non-foglight-equipped models (92-95) don't have this piece of extra wire. If you're planning to fit original foggies, make sure you get this plug (and the rest of the parts as listed above). The plug goes to a connector just right of the underside of the steering column AND to a relay somewhere behind the glovebox.

If you've gotten all of the parts and know where to fit it, it's all just plug and play (at least, in my case)

I hope this was helpful to you all

ps, DON'T forget to place a bulb in the displaypanel, because there's a dummy fitted!

Last edited:
Back