Options

Currently reading:
Options

A

Ant Wells

Hey guys, not been on here since I had to sell my HGT.

Anyways, I've been missing my car lots and have been trying to find ways of getting back on the road, my only problem was insurance. However, insurance has decreased recently and I may be able to get a bravo later in the year.

My dilemma is do I go for small engined (1.2 sx) or get a 1.9 JTD (I would miss the power going from a 2.0HGT to a 1.2). The insurance difference isn't too much.

I had read somewhere on the forum that the JTD is tunable up to the same sort of power as the HGT but with the added MPG benefits.

Any suggestions?

You need to speak to TK his was mighty quick with a re-map

NEWSIG.jpg

Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

Down & Out Stickers available only here bravo and marea weekend only £5 incl delivery

There is a guy on the FiatForum who has done much more to his JTD than just a remap and his is silly quick.

He's installed larger injectors, custom uprated clutch, aggressive remap to name but a few. He's also got some videos on youtube or similar.

dont be soft and get HGT! LOL onjk :)

shame you cant get another mate,but good to hear to your trying to get back on the road.
When i was in your pradicament last year when mine was off the rd,i too was looking at the jtd's as you can tune those up pretty well and still have good improved mpg! also insurance was quite cheap with it being a Diesel.So in all honesty mate,id consider get one of those :)

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..Its good to be different ;)
Now with working Steering Wheel Controls :)
K+N Ind Kit 2 cold air feeds,
Custom 'zorst Twin Exit backbox,
FC Performance chip > 160bhp :)

Robin is that how your car looks now? It looks ace mate! :)

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..Its good to be different ;)
Now with working Steering Wheel Controls :)
K+N Ind Kit 2 cold air feeds,
Custom 'zorst Twin Exit backbox,
FC Performance chip > 160bhp :)

Almost buddy just got to put the wheels on :)

NEWSIG.jpg
[/IMG]
Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

Down & Out Stickers available only here bravo and marea weekend only £5 incl delivery

i think that a reasonable JTD is hard to find. Especially one with decent mileage mate. And a 1.2 is just not even going to come close to cutting it when youve had a HGT. You'll find yourself screwing the hell out of it just to get going, and knowing 1.2's, the gearbox and head gasket will probably go simultaneously after doing that a few times!

If a HGT is possibly too much, and i 1.2 is too little, why not go for a 1.6 or a 1.8? You can put a bit of work into them and get a bit more power... and the insurance for the engine size/power is extremely decent.

Insurance wise might be ok but he does alot of travelling from what i can remember (uni,see the gf etc). so a diesel would be more up his street.

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah I do travel long distances but not often enough for it to make a difference.

I reckon the best option would be to get a jtd and pay the insurance as an annual payment. It works out considerably cheaper this way (by £1000+ in some instances).

I'll keep my eye out for a decent jtd while I get saving :)