Opinions: My GPS vs MK4 Astra 888 Turbo

Currently reading:
Opinions: My GPS vs MK4 Astra 888 Turbo

GP vs Mk4 astra is exactly the same as corsa vs mk4 astra, so there is only one possible winner.

Vauxhall%20Astra%20GSi%20Turbo.jpg

^thats one VX i'd happily swap my alfa for^

Last edited:
Yeah, but Kris's sounds like a tractor. Goes like **** off a shovel though.

yes and yes.

After the last weeks experiences, I'll probably end up getting a bike!

I took the GP on the one way mountain section of the isle of mann tt course this week, and I'm happy, even though at 110mph bikes were going past me like I was in reverse.

yes and yes.

After the last weeks experiences, I'll probably end up getting a bike!

I took the GP on the one way mountain section of the isle of mann tt course this week, and I'm happy, even though at 110mph bikes were going past me like I was in reverse.
are you sure you weren't actually in reverse? :p you can't expect to outperform a bike mate! Although you could always knock them off! :idea:

are you sure you weren't actually in reverse? :p you can't expect to outperform a bike mate! Although you could always knock them off! :idea:

Easy! Ill remember to keep well away if i see a black GP on the road when im in my bike.. :p lol

get a litre bike, you know it makes sence! Im looking to getting a R1 to add to my bike collection, got a red z1000 and oldschool white/red RD350 atm.

Easy! Ill remember to keep well away if i see a black GP on the road when im in my bike.. :p lol

get a litre bike, you know it makes sence! Im looking to getting a R1 to add to my bike collection, got a red z1000 and oldschool white/red RD350 atm.

Z1000s are gorgeous bikes, got a real streetfighter edge to them. I did a lap of the tt course as a pillion on a TL1000 on wednesday, they just pull an pull!

Of course but you wouldn't believe the speeds some folk manage.

lmao you better believe it...you'll be off before you even see me there! :p

Nah bikes are ace really :) Used to own a Suzuki RM125 dirt bike...had a blast till i fell off in a comp :bang: good fun though! :D

Of course but you wouldn't believe the speeds some folk manage.
yeah i can imagine!! Me an Tom'll have to come with you next time! (y)

Yea your welcome to! I'll hopefully be there on a bike next year!

On race day one rider got clocked at 197mph. Its good to watch considering you are about 10ft from the riders.
lol i'll hold you to that mate!!

haha, that's pretty damn quick then! I had a ride in an old skool Zetec S last nite which had the full Ford Racing Puma Setup...Fcuk me is all i can say to that!! Its not that it's faster than anything else on the road (although it is immensly rapid!) its just that there's so little around you the feeling is definately scary!!

Its all great until one of the bikes comes off into the crowd :p would love to go though (y)

lol i'll hold you to that mate!!

haha, that's pretty damn quick then! I had a ride in an old skool Zetec S last nite which had the full Ford Racing Puma Setup...Fcuk me is all i can say to that!! Its not that it's faster than anything else on the road (although it is immensly rapid!) its just that there's so little around you the feeling is definately scary!!

Its all great until one of the bikes comes off into the crowd :p would love to go though (y)

Well we saw one rider catapulted into a building but he's apparently 'comfortable' in hospital.

The 1.7 FRP engines in te zetec-s are quite nippy but do feel alot faster than they actually are.

Well we saw one rider catapulted into a building but he's apparently 'comfortable' in hospital.

The 1.7 FRP engines in te zetec-s are quite nippy but do feel alot faster than they actually are.
lol, comfortable compared to what?! being flat on a building i'd guess...:rolleyes:

yeah, i wldn't say i was thrown back in my seat or anything...i guess its just the fact you don't expect the speedo to increase like that in a zetec s! I've always seem them as all show and no go lol. rather waste my money on something else though tbf...(y)

yeah the frp 1.7 engine does seem a bit slow, i always thought it would be a bit quicker considering its 155bhp

the frp is a beautiful car though, hopefully swap my GP for one as soon as i can get one insured :)

And back on the topic i saw an astra 888 at demon tweeks the other day, lovely looking car

Back