Technical Ongoing Barchetta stereo wiring problems

Currently reading:
Technical Ongoing Barchetta stereo wiring problems

Thanks @Wiltshire Chris x2. At least it was heaps better finding out about it in the garage on a winter day than speeding on a winding road at night in midst of winter (when skimping on antifreeze...).

Concerning the clock-A7, the safe bet is going via a relay. I was unable to think up good search terms for finding facts on the matter, so I ended up mailing Pioneer hoping they might respond (sometime soon)..!

EDIT:
Pioneer were quick to respond, they claim (no responsibility) their equipment only needs +12V for signal from A7 (ISO), so thin, low amp, wire would work. He wrote they normally suggest taking the signal from the lighter wire (switched on the b?). The rep had no issues taking the signal from the clock wire, pondering the possibility that it might affect the clock.
Yesterday I hooked up the wiring following your steps @Wiltshire Chris with the same excellent results, thanks.

(I used Wago 221's (a double at the stereo and a triple at the clock)(!). Following the feedback from Pioneer I used a similarly thin wire as the clock wire and omitted the relay.)

Yesterday I hooked up the wiring following your steps @Wiltshire Chris with the same excellent results, thanks.

(I used Wago 221's (a double at the stereo and a triple at the clock)(!). Following the feedback from Pioneer I used a similarly thin wire as the clock wire and omitted the relay.)
I'm glad that it worked for you too. I should go back and do a better job of splicing into the clock wire and the Wago is a good shout for that. Nice to know a relay isn't a necessary step as that makes the job even simpler.

I'm glad that it worked for you too. I should go back and do a better job of splicing into the clock wire and the Wago is a good shout for that. Nice to know a relay isn't a necessary step as that makes the job even simpler.
Discovered an additional advantage when using the orange digital clock wire for signal... Just like the clock illumination, the radio/stereo display dims when turning on the headlights(!).

(The dimming may not work when choosing to use a relay. Don't know if radio/stereo dimming is a standard function (although I suspect it is, as Pioneer didn't even bother to mention it).)

With the free bluetooth app you can choose display color of the 1DIN Pioneer SPH-20DAB, it is now a nice Garden Green befitting the b-95. Not a game changer, but another nice touch.

Back