OMG my insurance woe

Currently reading:
OMG my insurance woe

at a junction there were lights on the main road and they had just gone on amber and when i double checked there was no one there went to edge out and a bike went and hit the front edge of my car he was obviously not looking where he was going as he could of clearly gone round me :mad:

Amber lights mean prepare to stop...if the biker (motor or pedal) saw it was unsafe to stop, they have every right to carry on through, and I bet they weren't expecting you to pull out on them!!! If there was "no one there" you wouldn't have been hit :eek: If you had waited 'till they had turned red before you pulled out, then you'd have been in the right, as long as the bike came through the red.

yep claire ats exactly what happened to meon the injury side i ve been taken to the hospital with whip-lash and dislocated right sholder, so injuries are real.

Amber lights mean prepare to stop...if the biker (motor or pedal) saw it was unsafe to stop, they have every right to carry on through, and I bet they weren't expecting you to pull out on them!!! If there was "no one there" you wouldn't have been hit :eek: If you had waited 'till they had turned red before you pulled out, then you'd have been in the right, as long as the bike came through the red.

excuse me but do you know what the hell your talking about and was you actually there if not then shut your face. dont speak to me like that im not entirely thick and i DO know what was going on. im absolutley sick of people talking to me as if im stupid and a silly driver who wasnt looking where im going im very aware on the road and am a very careful driver the lights had JUST come off red and the lights were a bit further on down the road with no junctions in between so this would actually mean that he went when he shouldnt as i seen the lights on red and thought it was perfectly safe to go. and he was so near the kerb he might aswell have been on the foot path and i wasnt even edged out enough not like i was in the middle of the road he COULD of avoided me. obviously he wasnt paying much attention so get your facts right before you speak to me like that

i really cant be bothered goin on anymore. yeah you had an opinion and it seems to be trying to make out i was in the wrong when you wasnt even there. so how could you possibly know what your talking about

Hope you get it sorted chick. Did you get his reg? if you did your insurance will be able to find his details. When the guy went into me he didnt know who his insurance company was(!) and so I presumed he didnt have any, I gave my insurers his reg and name etc and they found it no problems.

You'll need to keep calling your insurance company, probably once a week is best, and ask for updates. the more you pester them, the more they will do for you!

Hope you get it sorted chick. Did you get his reg? if you did your insurance will be able to find his details. When the guy went into me he didnt know who his insurance company was(!) and so I presumed he didnt have any, I gave my insurers his reg and name etc and they found it no problems.

You'll need to keep calling your insurance company, probably once a week is best, and ask for updates. the more you pester them, the more they will do for you!

yeah ive heard back from his soliciters now and he is now claiming i was ''speeding'' when i couldnt possibly as i was stopped at the junction while i checked and moved off slowly but not too slow and are making out i didnt look were i was going and that i just dived out and didnt check which i have my boyfriend as a witness in the passenger side he wouldnt let me go unless it was safe also. i have 2 more witnesses on the road. hes trying to claim for a broken thumb and injuries to soft tissue in his legs but funnily enough he was moving his hands on the scene and using his phone so that is a little strange hes getting nothin out of me. i only nudged out of the junction to get a better look as the visibility on the main road isnt that good from were he was coming and i had to edge out which is what i was doing when he hit me i was only like a cm out of the junction which is why he only hit me near my indicator light & front end of the wing

Your right, I didn't know speeding in a 1.1 Sei was possible :eek::p, Only joking:nerner:.

Yeah from what you say your not at fault or at the worst a 50:50 as technically you should have looked in your rear quarter blind spot. But then on the other hand he was behind you and should have been observing you. And him trying it on for injuries is taking the p***.

What it is he's seen your a pretty young vulnarable woman and he is trying it on for all he can get! :bang:.

Fight it all the way! (y).

Your right, I didn't know speeding in a 1.1 Sei was possible :eek::p, Only joking:nerner:.

Yeah from what you say your not at fault or at the worst a 50:50 as technically you should have looked in your rear quarter blind spot. But then on the other hand he was behind you and should have been observing you. And him trying it on for injuries is taking the p***.

What it is he's seen your a pretty young vulnarable woman and he is trying it on for all he can get! :bang:.

Fight it all the way! (y).

i dont think it is possible hehe :p
well i was coming out of a junction and he was on the main road the solicitor made out like i was in the way of him when if the visibility isnt too good on the right obviously you do have to edge out to get a better view so this is what i did and if hed of been paying any attention to the junctions ahead which is were i was he would of seen me trying to edge out and also he was near the kerb which he could of very easily of gone round me

iam going to fight all the way to court if i have too he isnt getting a penny what does he expect compensation for a broken thumb if it was a leg or an arm then yeah i could probably sympathise but there was absolutley nothing wrong with him at the scene all my witnesses asked him and if he would of been in some sort of pain wouldnt he of said hmm i think so. (y)

there was absolutley nothing wrong with him at the scene all my witnesses asked him and if he would of been in some sort of pain wouldnt he of said hmm i think so. (y)

In all fairness when i was knocked off my bike i didnt realise i'd broken my wrist in 2 places until the next day! Apparently the shock can numb the pain!:eek:

I hope you manage to get it sorted quickly and your car fixed!(y)

In all fairness when i was knocked off my bike i didnt realise i'd broken my wrist in 2 places until the next day! Apparently the shock can numb the pain!:eek:

'tis adrenaline :) great when you are expecting it but otherwise not.

I had a set of keys gouged in my leg one but never realised until i got home as the adrenaline from the crash numbed the pain....and the pain of a ripped open chin full of stones helped the adrenaine along :p

Bikes...just great aren't they?!This was my luckier accident. The other one resulted in my being in a coma for 9 days - my crash helmet was in 2 pieces and it was high quality.That and a smashed knee,fractured ankle, broken arm,collapsed lung and broken ribs plus extensive bruising.All because a car driver came off a sliproad without looking.:(

Bikes...just great aren't they?!This was my luckier accident. The other one resulted in my being in a coma for 9 days - my crash helmet was in 2 pieces and it was high quality.That and a smashed knee,fractured ankle, broken arm,collapsed lung and broken ribs plus extensive bruising.All because a car driver came off a sliproad without looking.:(

pushbike or motorbike? been over 3 bonnets personally and many injuries, though none as bad as yours.

That kind of explains my harsh attitude to a car driver talking about knocking someone on a bike off though.. :p

Didn't claim at all.I don't think its right. He never intended to do me harm, it was an accident. No-one died so no-one needs compensating for a loss.

pushbike or motorbike? been over 3 bonnets personally and many injuries, though none as bad as yours.

That kind of explains my harsh attitude to a car driver talking about knocking someone on a bike off though.. :p

Motorbike, was travelling at 70mph at the time.i ended up wrapped round the central barrier (thankfully not the opposite carriageway which was where the bike ended.:eek:

As a car and bike driver/rider i am definately more aware when on the road.Car drivers can be so ignorant wrapped up in their cars but then again bikers can be reckless.

when your in a comer is it just like sleeping?

also wow you must have had some right pain medication!

Yes a coma is a bit like sleeping, just with lots of moitors and tubes attached! its the body's way of helping heal itself.

Back