Technical oil pressure

Currently reading:
Technical oil pressure

Rik55

I have a 2005 Rapido motorhome with a 2.5jtd engine, my mechanic has checked everything other than the oil pump now, new sensor, new pressure valve and all working fine, even put a manual pressure gauge to check but there is oil flowing but no pressure.
He has dropped the sump and all good clean oil no mess in sump at all cleaned everything he could re assembled and still no pressure, so only thing left is the pump, we cannot seem to get hold of one anywhere at the moment even supplying the numbers on the pump, see attachment of pump if that's any help.
Has anyone had same problem as there must have been 1000's of ducato 2.8 jtd's made.
TIA

Attachments

• oil pump.jpg
    oil pump.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0666.jpg
    IMG_0666.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 18
I have a 2005 Rapido motorhome with a 2.5jtd engine, my mechanic has checked everything other than the oil pump now, new sensor, new pressure valve and all working fine, even put a manual pressure gauge to check but there is oil flowing but no pressure.
He has dropped the sump and all good clean oil no mess in sump at all cleaned everything he could re assembled and still no pressure, so only thing left is the pump, we cannot seem to get hold of one anywhere at the moment even supplying the numbers on the pump, see attachment of pump if that's any help.
Has anyone had same problem as there must have been 1000's of ducato 2.8 jtd's made.
TIA
Also used in Iveco Daily, Renault Master, Citroen Relay.
No O rings damaged where that housing fits the engine block or a crack etc in oil pick up pipe in sump?

Also used in Iveco Daily, Renault Master, Citroen Relay.
No O rings damaged where that housing fits the engine block or a crack etc in oil pick up pipe in sump?
Hi bugsymike
I will let my mechanic know about your thoughts, thanks

Hi bugsymike
I will let my mechanic know about your thoughts, thanks
It's a strange one, I have had five Iveco Dailys and a Fiat Ducato all well over 100k miles with that same Sofim engine, some double that and no issues re oil pressure.
Good quality, preferable genuine oil filter, no oil cooler leaks into cooling system etc? Though that would be fairly obvious, but does seem more common on other makes these days.:)

Back