Technical Oil Light

Currently reading:
Technical Oil Light

Cento Buggy

I have just bought a 1.1 Sporting Seicento 53 Reg. Having driven her about 50 miles, the oil light has come on. I have checked the oil level, and it seems fine. It happens after about the 1st mile. Any thoughts?
Another issue is a rattle from the rear end. I wonder whether I am over sensitive to any noises, as having just bought, I am waiting for something to go wrong.
She is a super buggy otherwise!

Oil and filter change immediately. Check the sump for dents and dings. If you're lucky, the oil pressure switch is faulty.

Rattle from the rear end could be exhaust. Just stick a broomstick up it and give it a good woggle around, see if the exhaust is banging on anything. Knocking from the rear end over bumps will probably be shot trailing arm bushes. There's a polybush kit many people use.

Oil and filter change immediately. Check the sump for dents and dings. If you're lucky, the oil pressure switch is faulty.

Rattle from the rear end could be exhaust. Just stick a broomstick up it and give it a good woggle around, see if the exhaust is banging on anything. Knocking from the rear end over bumps will probably be shot trailing arm bushes. There's a polybush kit many people use.
Hi, and thanks. Garage have found bushes worn to rear wheel (I'm no mechanic, so no idea what that means!) He claimed to have spent ages listening and trying to find the noise....! Sorted Oil light too. Having just bought from Garage, hope they won't charge for repairs. The hand break also let me down on steep incline, with queue behind me. Also being fixed by nice garage owner..... No doubt I'll be back here!!!

handbrake... Sore subject for these little Sei's my 2003 Sei Active's handbrake is shocking!, it won't hold the car still anywhere apart from a flat road. (Always park it in gear)!

You should always park in gear even if you have a superb handbrake.

My Cinq handbrake is great though, they just need setting up properly.

Back