Ducato Oil leak on my fiat ducato 2.8 motorhome year 2000

Currently reading:
Ducato Oil leak on my fiat ducato 2.8 motorhome year 2000

Damnarty

Hi damnarty here it's my first post, and I need help with a possible oil leak. To the right of the dip stick about a foot, there is a tiny hole that seems to be leaking oil, I've attached a couple of photos, does any one know what the little hole is?? Please

Attachments

• IMG_20200528_092520.jpg
    IMG_20200528_092520.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 258
  • IMG_20200527_125303.jpg
    IMG_20200527_125303.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 96
Thank you for your response, I've just changed the oil yesterday and the little hole is still leaking,
What's the hole for, it not a break it's perfectly round. Or has a plug of some kind fallen out???

It's a very slow dribble when the engine is running and reving is applied it doesn't change the flow or spert out, I've added another picture, closer this time, and I appreciate your responses!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200528_115701.jpg
    IMG_20200528_115701.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 37
Damnarty,

Was there any leakage before you carried out the oil change?

From your posts it seems that the oil only flows when the engine is running. This suggests that your hole connects with one of the oil drain ways in the cylinder head? (From your photos it is not completely clear as to where the hole is.)

Does the hole have a smooth bore, or is it threaded?

If the latter, it is possible that, as you suggest, a threaded plug may have been lost, but I cannot understand why the hole should be there.

As an aid to understanding, I will attempt to attach a copy of the Iveco Daily 2.8JTD lubrication system. In particular take note of the oil drain ways from the camshaft area to the sump.

Attachments

• 2.8JTD p98 Lubrication System.pdf
    196.2 KB · Views: 83
Yes it's just below the plastic cover over the top of the engine, as you can in the photos once again thanks for the help varesecrazy

Yes it's just below the plastic cover over the top of the engine, as you can in the photos once again thanks for the help varesecrazy

Remove plastic cover , look to see if hole is a drain for any fluid that collects under p plastic cover.

Thank you everyone!! , I'm going to look under the plastic cover today to see if it is drainage. It's the first time I've seen the hole so don't know if it was dribbling before. Well... I'm going in and under wish me luck.

Hi everyone the puzzle of hole in engine is now at an end.
I took the plastic cover off and its a drain hole for excess oil accidentally poured or spilled over when filling oil, thank you all for your help you were all right. So if anyone comes across this problem the answer is "DRIAN HOLE"

Back