Technical Oil change

Currently reading:
Technical Oil change

Yours is the 1.3 multijet from what I remember.

Nice easy job on that engine, got my punto down to 10 minute oil and filter change without jacking up the car.

You will need a 12 mm Allen wrench or socket (usually for most fiats) and some large sockets for the top of the filter housing,, which I think is something like 27mm

If you’ve not done so watch my video here.

[ame]https://youtu.be/R0lQR2QZwjg[/ame]

You may need to use something like MultiEcuScan to reset any service indicator warnings if you have them, but I remember you recently saying you don’t have a DPF which means no complex oil degradation sensors or anything like that.

sometimes it might show up when you go to buy the oil filter that their are two different types, If this happens buy both, take both out and put them on a nice clean surface somewhere in front of their respective box and when you take the old one out you can compare the old one with the new ones and pick the one that fits your car, then once you're all cleaned up afterwards, you can put the unused one back in the box and then take it back for a refund, or as part exchange for an air filter, that's what i did the first time.

I know you have a chipped motor but what kind of Pipercross filter are you using? Is it just their make of cartridge or is it a unit to replace the large box across the top of the engine? I've read so much about Cold Air Intakes and then remembering the (old) Mini which had a flexi-pipe clipped onto the exhaust manifold to get hot air into the engine. Who is right?
I did have a K&N filter on my Fiorino almost from new but keep wondering about fitting another. The facelift Qubo is rated at 80PS and has a lot more poke than the 75S but despite Fiat's claims of much better consumption, it's worse. I do average 500 miles a week (400 on motorways) and other Qubos I've had did 56-61mpg, this one is mostly 53-55mpg. Don't how mfrs get away with such inaccurate claims for mpg when they also state "you" may experience different figures dependent on driving conditions and styles. They don't put anything about how their tests are conducted.

R-V-M
PS I am running on Michelin Cross-Climates so there may be a bit more drag as they're slightly stickier than regular tyres for grip..

Hi
Bought my filter based on engine number...so should be correct
Also I have a Pipercross air filter
LUIGi

Tyres playing their part.. :(

Never experienced a proper mini.

But the old FORDS I had swung hose between
'Summer and Winter' positions.

So.. COLD could be achieved.

Later stuff had a flap that moved automatically (bi.metallic strip..?)

COLD should be good... thats what intercoolers are fitted to achieve ;)

These are the two types fitted to the 1.3 diesel multiijet

Attachments

• s-l1600H.jpg
    s-l1600H.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 39
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 40
Mine uses the UFI Filter. I think the third filter I posted is also for a UFI Filter housing. When I checked Euro Car Parts for my Fiorino all three filters came up. I’ve used that particular filter on an 06 plate Vauxhall Combo about 10 years ago. But have never come across it again in any of the other Combos I’ve owned with the 1.3 Fiat engine. Our Doblo uses the Purflux filter.

Last edited:
Update:

I bought 5l of c3 spec oil
£25 + a purflux filter..£9 reduced to
£4.50

Hoping the filter was correct.

Success..!!

As a BIG hint:

Remove the tin cover over the filter body.. mine had PURFLUX on it :)

Change was less messy than feared..

Drainplug was a T45
Tiny (T20??) on the tin covers 1 screw

Only took 2.5 litres of oil..

So can do both cars for £35..

Saving £125 against the garage :)

Back