Currently reading:
Technical Odometer

mark18966

Hi Guys n Gals

Just Purchased and 07 plate grande punto
The odometer keeps flashing on and off constantly

How do I stop this happening?

Software update, about £70 right guys?

Mine did it once after I bought it, although it had been sitting on a forecourt for 4 months. Maybe once it's run in yours will stop too.

Mine did that, the garage wanted £70, I said no, went home reinstalled Blue&Me a few times and the Odometer stopped flashing and hasn't done so 10,000 miles/8 months later.

Shoulndn't you be able to get the latest software update from the garage you bought the car from? I understand they should have done this prior to selling you the car?

Could be wrong, just what I understand from reading on here???

Rgds

Hello Mark welcome to the forum :wave:

The flashing mileage is the result of a CAN error (the cars computers are not in sinc with each other and need putting right so they can talk to each other)

it can be caused be a whole host of faults from a simple low charge in the battery (highly likely if you have just bought the car and its been sat a while)

what i would do first is take the car for a 10 mile or so drive on the motorway this should push a good charge into the battery..

next take the battery off using the (just release the negative quick release clamp and leave like that for 20-30 mins) this should clear the cars memory and reset any modules

then reconnect the battery and see how it goes

Mines had this a number of times,
Used to be just a case of turning the car off and restarting.
Tho that didn't always work

Then I fitted some sporting clocks and the flashing was constant,
My brother then hooked it up to his fancy diagnostics tablet and done a proxy alignment or something, think thats what it was called. Don't quote me on that lol,

Anyhow, haven't had a single blink yet....

Ah i see,

Would the "proxy alignment" have stopped the flashing even before changing the clocks?,
As surely as the odometer was flashing before they were changed and no longer after..?

Back