General OCS sensor question

Currently reading:
General OCS sensor question

x3me

hi,
ocs sensor in passenger seat isnt working, i managed to get a seat from drivers side, will the sensor fit to the passenger's side tho?are they identical or i need passenger's seat sensor only?
thx alot for any info.:)

The OCS sensor is only fitted to the passenger seat.

It's there to inform the airbag control ECU whether or not there's a passenger in the seat. If you are involved in an accident that fires the airbags, the sensor detects the seat is occupied and fires the airbag. If the seat is empty, only the driver's airbag will fire. The OCS sensor is different for leather or cloth upholstery.

Dave.

Last edited:
right, i thought there is one in the driver's seat aswell...:(
thx for the info;)

Should be pretty obvious someone was in the drivers seat while the car was driving... :D

Could ofcourse be some kid in the passenger seat removing the handbrake (resting at low torque) and turning the key. :eek:

Should be pretty obvious someone was in the drivers seat while the car was driving... :D

Could ofcourse be some kid in the passenger seat removing the handbrake (resting at low torque) and turning the key. :eek:

thanks for sarcasm mort, but i really thought that they have one in the drivers seat aswell:eek:
hopefully i'll get to same knowledge point as u one day, this is my first car tho, so i really have hope yet:D

thanks for sarcasm mort, but i really thought that they have one in the drivers seat aswell:eek:
hopefully i'll get to same knowledge point as u one day, this is my first car tho, so i really have hope yet:D

Hehe, don't take it personal. :D I remember when we bought our first car, a Ritmo 85S I barely knew how to change a tire. Had no idea how to fill up oil as I didn't get the bonnet open. It was after it self destructed that we bought an Uno at an auction it started. It was Man vs. Fiat. I've had my share of problems with the OCS myself - right now the simulator has failed, as my childs seat has wrecket the mat at an earlier time, and they are shipping a new one from Germany, as a replacement.

Morten.

no i really dont, i've just found a replacement seat for driver's side, as mine is broken and i need to change it, and just thought that there is sensor in that one:eek:
well there's allways plenty to things to learn;)

Last edited:
Back