Technical Occasional misfire/cut out problem

Currently reading:
Technical Occasional misfire/cut out problem

C4tini

Hi
Occasionally when driving my 1.2 panda it will misfire and cut out. It usually happens going at a steady pace on a dual carriageway. The engine warning light will flash on and I basically have to coast to a stand still. Then I turn it off and it will restart and probably be fine.
It has definitely happened on hills but it can also happen on the flat as well
Happens at random times. Sometimes doesn’t do it for months. And sometimes it will do it a couple of times in a week and then not do it again for months.
Any ideas?

Fault codes should be saved in engine control unit and be readable by a code reader.

Sounds a lot like this problem

Hi,
Allways the same. Check your timing belt.
It's the wrong thing of this motor.

Last edited:
Our 169 used to do this but didnt cut out. I fitted new plugs and coil pack and cleaned the throttle body and MAP sensor and it has been fine since so I dont know exactly which thing resolved it. It gets tempremental if the plugs are not changed on time. Codes just said misfire on No2.

Sounds a lot like this problem
Any progress?

2 times i had this diag on OBD and it was à problem due of timing belt.
If the timing belt is a little distended, the camshift sensor sometimes can't have good information and the calculator dont make ignition at the good moment.
It result differents mystakes.....some cars stopped, others just have problems of slow motion...or in hight rpm.
The OBD saved problems of ignition on cylinders or problem of camshift sensor but it just the timing belt.
This problem is usual on this motor, and many garages don't know it (in France sure).
We usualy find cars abandoned because nobody found the problem...they change all parts of ignition, sensors, calculator, whitout result....and it's just the timing belt...

This thread is now getting old..

But SOME of it does seem to support the need for a 'Relearn'.. Following a cambelt change.
The fact this is ONLY reported
'at Motorway Speeds' does seem to support this

It's a fractional mistiming of top and bottom timing belt sensor triggers

It's a Plug. In fix

Really any garage charging to perform the Timing belt change should do this as part of the job... But many dont

Back