Technical OBD II says P16A0 throttle body coking. Replaced body and still in GIMP mod, now what?

Currently reading:
Technical OBD II says P16A0 throttle body coking. Replaced body and still in GIMP mod, now what?

Gatewaypicker

Hello folks, All this info in these forums has been really helpful.

I have a Fiat 500 pop turbo 1.4L

One day after driving low and high speeds I took off from a light and it went into "gimp mod". At that time the only code showing was P160A

I then cleaned the throttle body and was recommended to add in some fuel treatment. I was able to drive the car for 10 miles through stop and go traffic before it went into "gimp mod" so just cleaning the body didn't help.. Then I took the body totally off and cleaned the butterfly and body. This time it threw codes P160A, P0222 and P0123

I ordered a reconditioned throttle body and just swapped that out. I started the car up and it went into "gimp mod" in seconds throwing those same three codes. I cleared them and let the car sit for a bit. Second time I started the car it sat idling for 15 min before it threw the same three codes.

I am about to lose it. I am not as healthy as I once was and working on this car between chemo treatment has been a task in hand. I have a new Euro shop in town I am thinking about going to go and talk to them. I just want to make sure they have someone savvy with Fiat and I am not just dumping money into labor I have already done.

Back