Technical not another bumpy front suspension post

Currently reading:
Technical not another bumpy front suspension post

whip8484

Afternoon got a few questions if somebody could hopefully help me

wifes owned her 500 for four+ years now and when she first got it i replaced the whole front end suspension drop links/arms/ bushes/top mount bushes/roll bar bushes
apart from the actual strut themselfs

so here goes i was checking something on it the other day as one of the advisories was front mac piesion sturt top mount on most resent mot (2/3 years after replacing)

after digging and having a look,
the lower arms are starting to tear slightly on the (back bushes)
talk about pain lol
im going to grab some new arms and replace the struts along with them as they are misting quite a bit now so may aswell do it all in one hit as its a pig job.

does anyone know the torque for the lower arm bolts as last time i just nutted them up tight as ;-)

i dont really think this is the reason they are playing up as they were not really the most expspensive replacement arms in the first place.

also why would they say play in top mounts ? how do they even check the top mount for play.
thanks again know somebody can fel my pain ;-)

I replaced everything on the front now 7 years ago car a 59 plate, it started making noise at 3-4 years after and still does(think it's the springs on the pans) bar the noise everything still good, I did use Lemforder arms/top mounts and branded other parts.
Keeping the car? Replace everything again using the best quality parts you can afford as you're already doing the expensive bits, arms and shocks, you'll need new drop links so it's only new top mounts and springs to consider?

Back