Idea Noob!

Currently reading:
Idea Noob!

MrFaz

Hello, just got my hands on my second ever Fiat, an Idea 1.4 Active. Got it as a second car as I've decided to give up riding motorbikes in the snow! It's a 2004 model and I've had her almost a week... and the engine light has come on :( There's occasionally a chattering and flashing of the light when the ignition is left on without the engine running (bizarre!). Aside from that I'm happy with the cheeky orange-seated tardis :)

My first Fiat was a 1979 126 Personnel 4 back when I passed my test in '92 - just going to sit a while and reminisce :)

welcome to the forum, where is the flash of light?

It's the Amber engine shaped one and sometimes the padlock one on the dash. I can hear a relay chattering under the bonnet and something under the ecu chatters too. Hopefully the place we bought her from will fix her.

Thanks for that... worth remembering in the future! Took her back to the seller on Monday who put her through a diagnostics place (their expense not mine) and apparently something to do with the throttle bodies(?) Must admit, bikes are more my thing... cars are just too clever for their own good! She returned to me this evening... so far all clear... fingers crossed!

Thanks again for the replies!

Back