Technical Non Start

Currently reading:
Technical Non Start

Hi any suggestions as to why my sons Idea 1.4 turns over but will not start. After driving from home to uni in Falmouth the next day his battery was dead so when
I returned from a two week holiday I had a new 50amp battery sent to him. Earlier he connected the new battery but it will not start he has plugged his maxi scanner in and it shows one fault 01600 manufacturers controlled fault. I would be grateful for any Insight's as to the cause.
Richard.:confused:

Hi any suggestions as to why my sons Idea 1.4 turns over but will not start. After driving from home to uni in Falmouth the next day his battery was dead so when
I returned from a two week holiday I had a new 50amp battery sent to him. Earlier he connected the new battery but it will not start he has plugged his maxi scanner in and it shows one fault 01600 manufacturers controlled fault. I would be grateful for any Insight's as to the cause.
Richard.:confused:
Hi
sounds immobilised to me.
check;
key symbol lights and extinguishes
fuel pump runs when ign. Turned

I would remove battrry power for a few hors..see if things reset

Charlie

Thank you Charlie I will ask him to try that. He has tried locking and unlocking and was going to try lieving it unlocked for a time. I checked the fault code list, and one for 1600 is to do with the alarm and another is for a cam sensor failed so I have ordered a sensor to be sent to him ,pretty shure it is under the air filter case so he should be able to fit it.
Richard.

My mum is having a similar issue she just went to go to work its flat as a pancake but the immobilser was going scatty

My son's Idea is alive and well again, I had a cam sensor sent to him and with the aid of an online guide he fitted it! and Mourice is well . I am relieved and it is good that he is getting the hang of car maintenence.:)

Yes a bit odd, thinking back he did say it took some stirring to get it started(which may have hastend the batterys demise) but I just asumed that was because maurice is not so young.

Back