Technical No power to ignition

Currently reading:
Technical No power to ignition

ADEJ69

Hello all,
So my Fiat 500X cross plus has lost power to the ignition. Recently had a message saying ‘keyless entry fault’ which came on intermittently but never caused any issues. Went on holiday so car was sat for 2 weeks. Came home and now the car won’t start. Battery checked and very good. Keys tested and all good. Being advised it could be the BCM that is in fault. Indicators, radio and central locking on the key works when opening the drivers door manually. Any advice or recommendations for getting the BCM tested? I have managed to get the BCM out.
Any help would be appreciated.
Andy

hi andy same problem ours was the rcm cost £800 to be fixed
you will need an auto electrican as the problem you mentioned were exactly same as ours

hi andy same problem ours was the rcm cost £800 to be fixed
you will need an auto electrican as the problem you mentioned were exactly same as ours
Hi Iain,
Thanks for the reply.
The RCM is the radio control module?
The BCM is away for testing currently and awaiting that info.
Where’s the RCM located Iain?

hi andy to be honest i am not 100% sure garage said that was the problem, but before this a guy came and done a diagnostic report
he also claimed it was the rfm causing the problem, which he said was on the roof like where the antenna is situated water could have somehow gotten in and caused the fault a quick look on line some saying its in the trunk maybe some tech guys on here will tell you exactly where its situated.sorry i can't be more helpfull

Back