Technical No intermittent wipe

Currently reading:
Technical No intermittent wipe

Hello. Have just got my 1989 1000 Super project car back from workshop where it's been for a bit of welding and other work and am starting to tackle some of the other things I have on the 'to do' list. The front wiper doesn't work on intermittent setting and doesn't park automatically. It's fine on normal operation. My first thought was a faulty relay but have tested this and it seems OK. However it seems there is no power getting to the relay in the fuse box. Is this likely to be a fault with the column switch (would this also cause the failure to park?) or something else in the power circuit?
All advice much appreciated as always.

The control for the intermittent and park is in the wiper motor unit itself. If you get in under the soundproofing at the back of the engine bay it's not too bad to access and you'll be able to make sure it's getting power in all switch positions to start with.

The control for the intermittent and park is in the wiper motor unit itself. If you get in under the soundproofing at the back of the engine bay it's not too bad to access and you'll be able to make sure it's getting power in all switch positions to start with.
Thank you. I'll have a look at this over the weekend.

Back