Nissan Mikra K12 - changing the radio - any reccomendations?

Currently reading:
Nissan Mikra K12 - changing the radio - any reccomendations?

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

EvoStevo

Established member
HI, er indoors has a Micra K12 and the CD radio is nafu.

She wants one that has a USB slot and I see there are plenty available but when I tried on at Halfrauds it was not quite the right size - there was a gap around it.

Has anyone replaced a cd/radio in their mrs Micra and if so what did you get?

My Mrs has a Micra K12 too. Recently I've been tempted to remove the car and keep the radio.
However, as Fraz has already posted, there are fascias available but they're quite expensive for what they are. I was trawling round a scrappie last year looking for a couple of door handles for the horrible little thing and there were a couple of Micras with the fascia installed - this might be an option worth exploring before buying a new one.

Cheers - but its a double din fascia linked - the K12 has a single slot like a std cd radio.

Looks like I need to trawl the radio shops then.

Wierd, all the K12 ones I can find are double DIN's ... :confused:

Missus also has a K12 think I can shed a bit of light on it, all the older models have a single DIN headunit, but above that depending on which model you have either a cubby or a trip computer which takes up another DIN slot. On later models a double din was fitted as standard, so many aftermarket adaptors cater to that, however nothing stopping you fitting a double din to an earlier car.

Edit: Looks like all you can do is change the CD player to another micra one, or go double din as the whole top of the dash is one piece so if you try and change the shape of the stereo hole you have to replace the whole lot as what they've done is fit what looks like single DIN cd but actually fills a double DIN hole. Its effectively a double DIN headunit in all micras with part of it in older cars taken up by either a cubby or a trip computer and a removable disc drive in uniquely sized hole that will only take another micra CD player.
Some pics of what I mean:

Attachments

• micrastereo.jpg
    micrastereo.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 425
  • micrastereo2.jpg
    micrastereo2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 584
Last edited:
So you could fit a double-DIN unit then, if I'm reading StevenRB45's post right? Have a look at Used ones on ebay, there's a few about which have USB and don't look completely gash.

You need an additional piece if your car started life as a single slot apparently given as part no. 68260-BCD60 on Kenwoods web site. But hard to find any further reference to it :S

And also a double DIN facia adaptor and cage.

Last edited:
On another note sure why people are bagging on micras, I know its not a cool car but they are very very robust, and also tolerant of little to no maintenance and bad driving. If someone said to me right you have the choice of a 1000 quid punto or a micra of the same value to use for a year I know which one I'd take having had experience of both.

My partners car is a 2003 with 75k on it and everything works right down to keyless entry, and climate control. Also it has comparable power and better mpg than a twin air but hey.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back