500X Newbie

Currently reading:
500X Newbie

First thing I noticed was the tyres, they were 2012 with tons of tread, but nasty scarey cracks in the walls, did the fronts a fortnight ago, and the backs the weekend just gone.

Also notice some spanner had put some security wheel bolts on with the wrong thread, and butchered the threads... replaced earth cable to engine. Got retro foglights, and reversing sensors to fit when weather perks up a bit, oh and not sure I can resist a rear roof spoiler.

Stainless exhaust is booked in for the following weekend after next. Just need to check the front pads and discs and then I can put some miles on it.

BTW what year is your 500X?

Its rare to have to replace a tyre due to wear these days! generally the rubber dries out and shrinks which causes these cracks! not a automatic must replace thing but makes people worry! so they change em! the tyre companys are laughing i bet! ironically the tyre shop then charges you to re-cucle the old one!:rolleyes:(n)

Its rare to have to replace a tyre due to wear these days!
Really!! not for me, I swap after I get about half way through the fronts, then I should get about two and a half years out of them. But then I don't like wasting energy slowing down to go around corners :cool:

Tyres, Brakes & Steering, are my three main safety musts. driving on 11 year old perished tyres just doesn't do it for me, no matter how much tread they've got.

AGREED! on the 2012 500 the handling is fair id say!- its just the feeling that the frame and the body want to go in slightly different directions! :p in my merc 4x4 if you corner at more than 40mph then you save tyre wear by traveling on the roof!:LOL:

...its just the feeling that the frame and the body want to go in slightly different directions!....
I keep my tyres a couple of PSI lower, to stop that. Seems to work, but I need more time to evaluate.
in my merc 4x4 if you corner at more than 40mph then you save tyre wear by traveling on the roof!
PMSL 😂😂🤣🤣 good one.

Hi to all, just picked up our 500X, drives well, feels solid, one or two issues to sort, anyone have any issues we should be aware of please?

Steve

Hi 🙂

the only recurring theme I recall,
is Heat Damage to the wiring of the Rear Lamp clusters

Worth checking yours now 😉

Back