Technical Newbie

Currently reading:
Technical Newbie

Amora48

So two days a go I bought a 2018 fiat 500 x city cross turbo (999c). On my test drive of the vehicle the check engine message came up on the digital console. The dealer who came with me on the test drive told me that with was because the car needed to have fuel because it was nearly empty. So on the test drive we stopped for fuel but the light stayed on the dash whilst I was driving. So flash forward to when I officially picked the car up and the light was no longer on the dash when started the car and no warning message either so I thought it was all good. However I've noticed when I first put the key in the ignition the check engine light is present. However when I turn the engine on and start driving it disappears. This could be completely normal but as I've only had the car for two days I'm not sure and just want to know I'm not damaging the engine.
Pls help thank you.
IMG_5544.jpeg

Usually the engine light comes on, with the other warning lights when you turn the key and goes out when the engine fires.

Its not something you notice too much, but with your experience I can see why you'd be bothered by it

Back