Punto (Mk2/2b) Newbie, with surprise...

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Newbie, with surprise...

Giuseppe Maranghi

Hi all,
my wife inherited a Fiat Punto Mk2 (188 series, 2002 year, 5 doors, 1.2 16V 80 hp), as anyone could imagine some related papers had been lost, amongst these all the car radio references (manual, unlock code etc). Well, yesterday I was able to find on Italian ebay a guy who, for 2,5 €, sent me the correct code in five/ten minutes, many other web sites do it for ten times and more.
Now my wish was to find the car radio manual a Blaupunkt with cassette player. All the web sites I found in Italian have other Punto models manual, or that for CD player radio, so, surf here, surf there, I jumped on this website, I went to download area, I followed the procedure to download the pdf of interest (a white/green link popped up - it's not the first time I see it and never in the past I had problems with it) and the result was a 60,94 € charge on my credit card... I "barked" so much with DriveFile.cloud and their related website that charged the money that I received immediately my money back, at least seems so after a call to my credit card customer support. Anyway it's not correct to write "the subscription is free", to send an sms on my phone with credit card security code for 0,00 €, and immediately after to charge more than 60 € without mentioning the matter (I saved all the screenshots related to the payment/refund saga). This to advise all the guys who fall into that link.

Ok, fixed the problem, who am I?

58 y.o. yet, I live in Northern Italy, between Milan and Laveno on the Maggiore Lake West shore, and let's say I sail on the vintage vehicles sea: I collaborate with www.alfacompanion.com web site and I'm currently attending a course for ancient cars expert and tribunal consultants.

My vehicles? let's see them in chronological order:
1951 Alfa Romeo AR 51 ex Italian Army (Matta outlander);
1952 Alfa Romeo AR 51 ex Italian Army, as above;
1952 MV Agusta 125 C Turismo;
1954 Alfa Romeo AR 52 ex Forrest Guards (Matta civilian limited edition);
1963 Giulia Spider, with 320k km on its shoulders;
1964 Vespa 50, my first two wheeler;
a bunch of Piaggio Boxers from the Seventies;
1980 Citroen Dyane, "la petite Légionnaire, vert avec son kepi (hardtop & capote) blanc";
1982 Moto Guzzi Le Mans III, the locomotive;
1992 Fiat Ducato Panorama 9 seats ex Carabinieri, without the siren, of course;
1999 Lancia K 2.0 20V V.I.S. Station Wagon with open roof (a rarity);
2000 Moto Guzzi Quota 1100 ES;
2002 Alfa Romeo 147 3 doors 2.0 Twin Spark, sequestred by my wife who found it's more funny than her 2006 Peugeot 206 (our "fresher" car);
2002 Fiat Punto 1.2 16V 5 doors, electric blue, resurrected after a three years long lethargy...
last but not least the Peugeot 206 1.4 SW.

Have a good Sunday,

Giuseppe

Welcome so the site, quite a car history you have, but then again you live in the best part of the world to access to those cars.

I don't really understand how following a link from here ended up with such a charge to your credit card, but @ben certainly needs to be aware of it as from time to time rogue adverts do make it onto the site, and he might want to look into it.

Ebay is probably one of the better places to get hold of old car manuals. These days even something like a radio manual can be worth several euros and there are whole eBay shops dedicated to selling these collectable items for enthusiasts like yourself who want the whole original car and manual combo

Sorry this took a little while to check, I had to write some code to log through the downloads log.
Screenshot_20230210_123419_Edge.jpg

I've downloaded each item on that list to check but found no issues. Perhaps if you could let me know which one had the problem I can do a deeper investigation?

Last edited:
Back