Technical Newbie here, car not good for my nerves day one!

Currently reading:
Technical Newbie here, car not good for my nerves day one!

Ahnau

So just acquired a 2015 Panda 4x4 in dayglo orange (wife’s choice ;). Fully serviced, warranty, all that. First drive out, triangle warning light comes on. Fortunately I could take it to a local dealer (not where I got it from - thanks guys!) They advised oil pressure sensor failure and ok to drive. So will go to the in-laws (two hour drive) and see. Previously owned a VW, Land Rover, Chrysler (gorgeous, but died after 5 years from new :(:(:(:(, Rover, Vauxhall and two Peugeots. Will let you know how we like the Fiat :)

Which engine is this?

Diesel.. pretty solid..but potential DPF if not covering the miles

1242cc petrol.. old and well regarded.. BUT needs Cambelt and Waterpump to keep healthy ( wont tolerate belt failure or low coolant )

875cc Twinair
The most complex.. servicing with good oil is important..
But generally a tough engine

Ive got all 3 currently... the 4 cyl FIRE is my least favourite.. :(
Worst on fuel but lowest on power

However..it may well last longest ;)

Which engine is this?

Diesel.. pretty solid..but potential DPF if not covering the miles

1242cc petrol.. old and well regarded.. BUT needs Cambelt and Waterpump to keep healthy ( wont tolerate belt failure or low coolant )

875cc Twinair
The most complex.. servicing with good oil is important..
But generally a tough engine

Ive got all 3 currently... the 4 cyl FIRE is my least favourite.. :(
Worst on fuel but lowest on power

However..it may well last longest ;)
Yep the Twinair - tbh never owned a car with an engine less than a litre or with fewer than four cylinders, so a whole new world to me! Last time I remember being in a Panda was at least 30 years ago (!) but I remember it being a whole lot of fun :)

Back