Styling new to this & got a sei thats needs modded!

Currently reading:
Styling new to this & got a sei thats needs modded!

you have really really cheered me up now! mines so far has only been 10k. :D
wow 18k thats some whack, :bang:

lmao :( though most of mine has been spent on engine really i think, retrim cost a fair whack too (the race floor, door cards and then JL Audio components etc all done by John Kleis Audio)

I've got a new look planned for 2007, which will be unveiled shortly, but then its just saving for a respray whilst moving into my flat (waiting for it all to go through) so cinq will just be enjoyed and maintained as i wont have cash to mod it anymore, besides bodywork wise once its had its final look placed on it, with a respray she's finished really :D

but yeah 18k :cry: (£4k/5k or so by me i think it was.. how i dont know lol)

:confused:
akmb_bio.gif
:confused:

well ive got bodykit, suspension (springs & Shocks), indicators, 4 6x9's, head unit, 1.4 turbo engine, punto gt brakes, audio install cable and a free paint job just now and thats all 4 under £650. and all legal may i add! lol

lmao :( though most of mine has been spent on engine really i think, retrim cost a fair whack too (the race floor, door cards and then JL Audio components etc all done by John Kleis Audio)

I've got a new look planned for 2007, which will be unveiled shortly, but then its just saving for a respray whilst moving into my flat (waiting for it all to go through) so cinq will just be enjoyed and maintained as i wont have cash to mod it anymore, besides bodywork wise once its had its final look placed on it, with a respray she's finished really :D

but yeah 18k :cry: (£4k/5k or so by me i think it was.. how i dont know lol)

:eek: :eek: :eek: engines are just money pits, ross has spent 13k on his coupe n its nearly all engine mods.

tbh i cant do much more to mines past this point. its just the engine left. n dont really wanna do that, so i think mines will stop short after the 10 mark. .................. well it bloody better :bang:

:eek: :eek: :eek: engines are just money pits, ross has spent 13k on his coupe n its nearly all engine mods.

tbh i cant do much more to mines past this point. its just the engine left. n dont really wanna do that, so i think mines will stop short after the 10 mark. .................. well it bloody better :bang:

do wht i done, friends in helpfull places! lol

The more i read this thread, the more i think that livi alley hasnt thought this through properly.

Its just a mix and match of ideas, and no real thought process esepcially on the financial side.

It seems to be taking the scenario of 'my sei is better than yours' rather than 'my sei is different to yours' which is the wrong thought anyway.

Theres nothing wrong with ambition, but i can see this turning into a car that we never hear from again.

Prove me wrong though!

I would advise to use the forum as much as possible because you may need as much advice as you can get

do wht i done, friends in helpfull places! lol

i done that with my last one. it didnt work, they done all the work for the price of the paint, got the alloys free, the install free, the ice very cheap, the buckets very cheap, took 3 months, n a year later the bodyshop went bust. couldnt go back for stone chip repairs, the paint was so different no other body shop would touch it, so i learned from my mistakes and went to the best in the bussiness.

if you can listen for 2 secs, pls take heed my advice, ive been where you are, ive had those same dreams and ambitions, i done the most radical cinq, and i had to sell before it all fell apart, my baby, my glitter cinq, was now unfixable. :cry:

i chose now quality over quantity, get it done to the best it can be, by the best who can do, and you have your dream car. :worship: buy the best things for it possible and reap the benifits

Last edited:
The more i read this thread, the more i think that livi alley hasnt thought this through properly.

Its just a mix and match of ideas, and no real thought process esepcially on the financial side.

It seems to be taking the scenario of 'my sei is better than yours' rather than 'my sei is different to yours' which is the wrong thought anyway.

Theres nothing wrong with ambition, but i can see this turning into a car that we never hear from again.

Prove me wrong though!

I would advise to use the forum as much as possible because you may need as much advice as you can get

well my friend, i hav ideas of the way i want my car, not to be better but to be a 1 off and something that is personal. Oh yes i will need as much help as possible and all critisism is welcome! thats why i asked advise on the 3 seat setup, more advise = more chance of pulling it off!

your completly right, which is why i always am open 2 advice! plus going to far is differant in everybodys eyes! i want something semi practical hence 3 seats, able to use on the motor way hence the engine and most importantly this car will be a present to my fiance when its done so im not only doing it for me.

all critisism is welcome!

Thats good then

Well personally i think youve chose the wrong 1.4 engine to put in it should have gone for the uno as its proven, that GT engine will be an absolute tw*t to fit as its too tall initally anyway

i dont believe you will extract 300bhp from it either, that is a pipedream.

Having loads of ice but trying to cut down on weight by having less seats, CF bonnet = :confused:

I dont want to put you off, all i am saying is you must think this through properly

Getting all those bits for £650 seems inc. engine seems to say the GT engine is a high miler or totally screwed, or needs work, i wouldve wanted a mint engine for this type of work.

No chance it will be done by september when you plan to give the car to your g/f / fiance suggests your heart isnt even in it in the first place

A 1.4gt sei with 3 seats and a bootload of ICE isnt a practical car!

Last edited:
ok! bored of waiting to start the car, going to look at the dash tonight! may sound daft but is there a thread on here on how 2 get the bits of the dash off so i can look at painting them? im also going to put on the cf heater/ swith back plate.

quite not true, the engine has 30k on the clock and most parts were sorced from a tuning garage owned by my mates dad. IT WILL BE COMPLETED ON TIME, thats my challenge i want it ready and it will be. 300hp is only a guide, i only would want 200 max. and im not bothered about weight! i want it perfect for the 2 uf us so i plan a single rear seat with wrap around ICE ( each side of the seat and behind it).

Last edited:
ok! bored of waiting to start the car, going to look at the dash tonight! may sound daft but is there a thread on here on how 2 get the bits of the dash off so i can look at painting them? im also going to put on the cf heater/ swith back plate.

thought ur were puttin the spoting dash in for the rev counter bit?? :confused:

https://www.fiatforum.com/cinq-sei-...-trim-sei.html?highlight=sei+interior+removal

This should help with removal of parts

To remove the heater surround, there are two screws at the bottom of the surround, and then one behind the central knob of the three knobs.. The button should just pull out give it a gentle tug. You should see the screw behind. Unscrew that and it should come off. Once done just put the knob back in till it clicks

thought ur were puttin the spoting dash in for the rev counter bit?? :confused:

right now im just getting things rolling, ive got the dash rev counter getting delivered but thats only housing satnav screen. im going to take the rest of the removeable dash parts off 2 get painted tonihjt.

This should help with removal of parts

many thanks 4 the link! i will be ocupied tonight!

when my seicento project started 2 years ago i had dreams of it with lambo doors, 3 buckets, wrap around boot install, uno turbo engine........

tried 3 seats but coudlnt fit 15" subs down either side so scrapped that idea, lambo doors was a big no no which left me having to buy a new door and 2 new wings, and uno turbo engine i could have done but i just didnt fancy spending around £4k to get it properly running moddified driveshafts ect....

ive done most of the work myself on my car, and it started off as a 899cc seicento SX just like yours, its much easier to start with the Sporting although with the punto/uno engine 899 are easier to work with, but then i suggest you lower and get an antiroll bar for it.

beleive me when i say its expensive, im throwing more or less £500 a month at mine somtimes more, for the past 6 months ive been right to my overdrafts limit throwing money into the car and im never going to see anywhere near as much back.

youll have the ideas at 1st but when it comes to actually doing the things u will change plans ect...

it seems like you have the same sort of ideas as me. i want mine to be completely one off. the way that you need to achieve this is to be daring but also have the financial background. instead of having the same kit as every1 else flip through the carzone catalogue and choose something which follows the lines of the car, it will take some modification but can be fitted ! your only limit is your imagination but remeber its only a sei and i know its sad to hear but they're not worth alot so be sensible with how much u are spending on it. i do complete fibreglass installs and custom dashes and door cards and roof linings so if u want some advice or pics of work ive done then give us a shout mate ! good luck modding!

do u even have a sei? or are u jus wishin u can do all these things and thinkin maybe 1 day it'll happen?

got a 99 t reg sei sx, got some equptment but right now im mapping out the inside so i can see if every1 is right or if what i want can be done.

Back