Punto (Mk1) New to forum but not to Fiat.

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk1) New to forum but not to Fiat.

Austin Mini

High all, been around Fiats since 1967 when my mate sold his Triumph Twenty-one for a Fiat 500 a real air cooled proper Fiat.
I started working on Fiats when I lodged at a garage on the A1 in South Lincolnshire. I worked on the 500 and the 600's both were easy and simple to work on.
Then came the Mirafiori's of the '70s. Beautiful twin OHC motors advertised on telly by Graham Hill no less. These motors could shift.
My first Fiat was a 1982 Panda, brand new and fitted with a tow bar we took the children camping all over the south of England. Twas a great car.
Then the Punto comes along and owned one for four years. Never a bit of trouble.
Now my son has his first car a 1998 Punto 60. Bought last week I am about to get the spanners out.

ive tried to keep away from fiats all my working life
bad electrics
contacts made from banana skins
bodies made of cardboard
but i love the engines
i used to get brand new fiat stradas from the factory where fuses were missing cars wouldnt start leaks all over ,terrible problems and this is why we still hear fix it again tomorrow
fiats of today now they are built in poland are good cars and i drink tea to that
good tea

When we lived near Poole, Dorset there was a huge new car park for imported Fiat cars in Holes bay (600 cars at least). This salt water bay flooded regularly and you could see brand new fiats up to their sills in salt water. Peps regularly wrote into the Evening telegraph commenting about the carnage to new cars and locals just wouldnt buy Fiats caus of this.

Back