General New Stilo Abarth Owner

Currently reading:
General New Stilo Abarth Owner

Elliott32

Hello guys, right just bought a 2003 53 3dr abarth for £2K... it had 2 prev owners, 43K on the clock, full service history including all old MOT and Tax discs... The car is for my wife (second car) as we have a Ford Focus ST - 3 2008 already and wanted somthing a bit different, with a little punch.....

I have been hearing dreadful tales about the Stilo Abarth,,,, are they as bad as what people are saying.????

What should i look out for, or do to prolonge the life of the car...

Only had the car for a few days, and to be honest apart from not getting any hot air through the passenger vents i cant complain... the sele speed takes a bit of getting used to, but its a good little drive..

Cheers

Elliott

Hi Elliot and welcome to FF,

£2k sounds pretty reasonable to me(y) I would have thought you ST was a lot faster though? aren't they 240bhp or there abouts?

Get some pics up when you can so we can give you some feedback, LOL

In relation to the cold passneger air vents, this "could" be a broken ducting flap inside the dashboard. Unfortunately it's a huge job to replace as the dash must come out. Have a search there have been quite a few threads will more detail.

Enjoy the 5 pot :devil:

You will get tales on here from doom mongers who predict the engine will self-destruct within 500 miles of new due to lack of development by FIAT. But provided you service it regularly and keep the oil topped up, it will give you years of faithful service (some on here have done over 100K miles).

And if you read this:

http://www.fiat.com.sg/default8a0b.html?MenuId=59

it would suggest FIAT did do some development on the engine..

Back