General NEw RT3 software

Currently reading:
General NEw RT3 software

poggy

It was broken, honest
A beta test version of the new software is available on the eurovan website. It turns the RT3 into a MP3 player and adds a few other features as well.

A few people have upgraded and seem pretty happy with it, but I am not sure if I want to take a risk with the test version. The main feature I would like is the MP3 capacity.

Andy

Ooo, sounds promising :)

I may wait until the beta has been thoroughly tested, though?!

Any other EV2 tips? Tbh, just keeping an eye on this forum seems to take up a lot of my life :p

Only other news is that they are recalling Fiat's, Lancia's, Citroen's and Peugeot's in other countries for two faults. One is the under engine cover which has weak fittings and could fly off and the other is the air conditioning drain tube, apparently it is too short and the water might not come out properly.

Both Peugeot and Citroen have done a recall in the UK, but as yet nothing from Fiat.

Stuart DemonD said:
Any other EV2 tips? Tbh, just keeping an eye on this forum seems to take up a lot of my life :p
Excellent forum! (y)

Just to let you all know that I have now upgraded my Connect [using CD via poggy].

Noticed lots of extra features already:
- New colour options;
- PSI/Bar choice in region setup :chin: - although no other use found;
- Transferring data via infrared - anyone done this yet?
- Map transitions a lot smoother, and quicker all round;
- Streetnames turned on;
- Direction arrows on the roads.

I am sure there are plenty more as well.

Just to update, my Fiat was in the garage 3 weeks ago and had the recalls done - new drain tube for the aircon and an undertray has been ordered to be fitted next week.

Rear wheels causing some issues now, subject of a separate thread.

Rich

poggy said:
Both Peugeot and Citroen have done a recall in the UK, but as yet nothing from Fiat.

Just been back to the UK and a recall letter was waiting for the engine cover. I rang the dealer but did not have time to get him to look at it so will take the letter to a German dealer to get them to look at it. I did ask if it was a new cover and he said no so I said well if you want to modify my cover you will need to search the side of the road on a French motorway south of Dijon!

The dealer said I would have to buy a new cover....BUY......get lost I said as the cover came off before you managed to send me a letter recalling the car to do a repair to stop it falling off. The phone went silent and the eventually the answer came back that the warrenty clerk is on holiday so ring back in a few weeks.

Paul

Just updated my software to the Beta it took a bit longer than the last few but is well worth the time just for the mp3 as did not have the cd changer fitted on mine big mistake but now can have about 7 albums on one disc brill. Have not played around with it but the new traffic update on the nav srceen looks promising does it work or is it just for the abroad at moment. Also has anyone had a problem with their rear doors catching the bodywork mine has been in three times now for paint touch-up and guess what it is chipping of the paint on the rear panels again at one point fiat even went as far in making me show how I shut and opened the doors incase I was doing it wrong. God in my mind their is only one way of opening the rear doors and that is by the handle they don't half talk a load of sh*t lol.

Stuart DemonD said:
I managed to play with the infra-red yesterday, transferring Directory records to and from my mobile phone (y)

I was going to try that, but then realised I didn't have infra red on the new phone :(

Few more bugs than I expected the connect screen has been replaced with connect to peugeot in the nav screen is this beta wrote for the peugeot very weird also the annoying dig womens voice is back arhhh. Is their any way to go back to older vertion or are we stuck with this as the only part I like is the MP3 playback the rest seems full of bugs.

jamesant said:
I like is the MP3 playback the rest seems full of bugs.

Interesting, I've been running it for months now and I've not found any bugs. There is a mention of Peugeot in one of the menus but as the beta software was pirated from a Peugeot then it stands to reason. My RT3 doesn't crash any more when German language traffic reports are translated. The zooming is much faster. I have directions on the traffic jam signals as well as on one way streets. I can set "vias" on my travels and now change guidance options on my route as I set it.

The menu structure is still crap and move map has disappeared when you have navigation on but on the whole it is a giant leap forward.

Paul

I've just finished installing v5.5 build 595 (downloaded from the ev2 forum) which I believe is the final (non-beta) version. I've also spotted a Peugeot reference in one of the menus (so presumably Fiat dealers will get a variant of this release?). Does that mean it will display Peugeot dealer locations on the maps now instead of Fiat?

I haven't spent much time looking at it (I think I prefer the earlier colour schemes though) but I did try playing an MP3 CD and was most impressed - you even get the track name scrolling across the screen - so it's worth the upgrade for the MP3 capability if nothing else.

This is the first time I tried an upgrade, but it worked fine - I wasn't too sure when it had finally finished but after it sat there for a few minutes doing nothing I reckoned it was safe to try it out.
Martin

Nice one - I am still uncertain what version I am on, no doubt poggy will tell me ;)

Even though I now have MP3 on both this unit and the Nav+ in the Stilo, I don't bother - tend to have the satnav disk in 24/7, and use the CD Changers.

Stuart DemonD said:
Nice one - I am still uncertain what version I am on, no doubt poggy will tell me ;)

Even though I now have MP3 on both this unit and the Nav+ in the Stilo, I don't bother - tend to have the satnav disk in 24/7, and use the CD Changers.

You have the Beta version on the CD I gave you. Apparently the final version fixes a GPS bug where it sometime looses reception.

Haven't bothered to update to final version yet as the car is in for a couple of repairs soon.

Back