General New Pompei Pop Duologic for Xmas

Currently reading:
General New Pompei Pop Duologic for Xmas

Pompei

Hi all

After a looong 3 week wait my new Pop Duologic was finally released by customs and made its way to the dealer. The team at Belcar on Glen Osmond Road, Frewville, worked overtime to ensure I got the car at 5.45pm on Xmas Eve. Hats off to them, they could have gone home to their families but stayed back to finish off my car!

Have only put 150kms on it so far, but I am in love. It really is an awesome little car. I am still getting over the number of stares I get in traffic. Everyone from oldies to young hoons to young kids point and stare with eyes as big as dinner plates :D

I had ordered Pompei Grey with grey interior. Car arrived with the cream leather wheel, cream instrument cluster and radio surround, and cream roof lining. Also, the headrests and the top half of all seats are cream pleather. An awesome surprise for me. I really like the look, it really breaks up the dark interior.

Some pics below (y)

Attachments

• IMAG0627.jpg
    IMAG0627.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
  • IMAG0633.jpg
    IMAG0633.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0635.jpg
    IMAG0635.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
  • IMAG0637.jpg
    IMAG0637.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
  • IMAG0638.jpg
    IMAG0638.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
Thanks for all the positive comments guys and girls.

Whilst getting to know the car today, found there was no boot light on the Pop model. Quick search of the forum revealed a how to and that the wiring loom was already in place.

Thought to myself why pay the dealer for a light bulb and a plastic light bulb holder when I can hook up some LED's myself. Yes, car is only 24hes old and already mods have begun.

Had some good quality strip LED from another project so used that. Took longer to solder the wires and the connectors at the end than it did to pull apart the trim, pull out the wiring for the boot light and re-assemble it again. Made it so that if a large load needs to go in, the lights simply unplug from the factory loom and the rear deck just comes out.

Let the mods begin... I will tackle the footwell lights next for driver and all passengers. Now to find the wiring for the cabin dome light...

Attachments

• IMAG0642.jpg
    IMAG0642.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • IMAG0644.jpg
    IMAG0644.jpg
    817.4 KB · Views: 51
From Poland to Pompei! Like it, hope you enjoy it!

Just looking at your photo's there of the tailgate open, a purchase worth considering is a genuine Fiat 500 rubber boot liner which sits much neater in the boot well. I bought one for my Wife's new Twinair. I also have a full size spare wheel in the wheel well because I cannot stand the skinny space saver wheels which feel next to useless if you have to use one.

Your boot is brighter than my lounge room - looks good.

Back