11062680_10205915776087408_2265311990930671380_n.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) New Mk2 Punto: project Orange

Introduction

New Mk2 Punto: Project Orange

Hey guys and welcome to Project:Orange

my First car, my first project. Fiat Punto Mk2 1.2 2001.
Here we go starting with pics of it currently -

11062680_10205915776087408_2265311990930671380_n.jpg

11693899_10205915779047482_9127618879596502736_n.jpg

11707573_10205915780167510_614354294599456077_n.jpg

Mods planned:
Black Halo headlights
rear lights tinted
Abarth Skirts, spoiler and back bumper
front bumper to be decided
Smoothed bad boy bonnet
Debadged
147 Alfa Romeo leather interior (black or cream cant decide)
All the Punto Sporting interior hardware (steering wheel etc) and console to be fitted
Full sound system
Ford Focus Induction kit (or a K&N)
new twin sports exhaust system (to be decided)
16inch Lenso RS5 Alloys
lowered 40-50mmish
Full window tints all round (staying within the law obviously) :bang:

so far Ive purchased these parts and Im awaiting postage -

$_57.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJBUE8e6HgR9NBPIJ!g(IGw--60_57.JPG

$_57 (1).JPG

I will have 2 TT vents spare if anyone wants them?.

I will update this when the parts have arrived and ive fitted them :devil:
I'm on a few forums and sadly this seems to be the case nowadays . Just because it's different from standard , people should applaud the hard work you've put in to make Your car how you want it, but all they see is that it's different from standard and you get hate for it.

Appreciate this chap is putting his own mark on his car and making it look how he wants it. Modifying is supposed to be a fun game to be in and not an excuse to slag each others cars.

I think the point that bluejohn125 was originally making was that on account of their age, early mk2 Puntos in good condition are becoming increasingly few and far between, largely just being seen as cheap, disposable old bangers, so it saddened him to see a really nice and tidy example becoming someone's "blank canvas"

I get the impression that there is people out there who would look for an early mk2 that was unmolested and in good condition which they could then look after and cherish, and make sure they save it from the scrapyards.

Last edited:
Re: New Mk2 Punto: Project Orange

I agree but this is his car and whether it's in mint showroom condition or its an absolute rust box. The op paid for it and can do what the hell he wants with it and if his modifications are not to your liking then don't comment or atleast try and give some constructive criticism . Just don't slag people cars just because it's not to your liking / not something you would have done.

*sigh* getting so much hate on here over nothing. If this keeps up I will end up just leaving.

Thanks for the defence lads /\ I appreciate it. I dont understand why people come in here just to troll the fact that Im working on my OWN car how I want. This Members Motors forum is even advertised as "Proud of your car?. Why not show it off" which I am. Its looking loads better since I got it. The interior despite being very very clean, now has a sportier (whilst still using stock parts) look to it. Smoothing the rear end has made an awesome difference and was not done to hide the fact its a punto at all. Its all about highlighting the lines and shapes of the car. Not having them hidden by cluttered badges, side strips and any other piece of cheap looking plastic crap they wanted to place all over the car.

Thats the irony in all this imo. The standard car is covered with plastic trim and parts that look tacky, messy and hide some of the cars beautiful lines etc. Remove that to make the cars beauty shine through and its "now the car looks cheap, or its ruined or whatever".

Clearly I care more about the Puntos shape and stunning lines, if I want to not have them hidden by plastic, faded, cheap looking black strips and badges.

Sorry but the corsa b has had a far bigger following than the punto with people who kept the oem look and there is far less bitching if people do mods to it as is the same for the vw polo so what if Punto Lew changes his car slightly so my question is simply this if his ideas are not to your taste why keep following his thread and bad mouthing his ideas why not follow someone who keeps the oem look and I for one see no arguement on what he is upto and praise is ideas on mods

I think the fact a punto looks good regardless is testament to this cars versatility. You look at what the members are doing with them, it's brilliant. Come another ten years were going to need members like the OP's posts to give us an idea what fits when original parts are hard to come by (have you seen the classic panda thread!). Inspiration comes in many forms, let's just champion those who have it.

Back