X1/9 New Member Hello from Northern California

Currently reading:
X1/9 New Member Hello from Northern California

MauryO

Hello there X1/9 Fans, My very first car was a 1975 X/19 -Purchased in 1978.
Had it three years and sold if for a '73 Porsche 914 2.0 ( I guess you can say I love mid engine cars, Sold the Porsche in a weak moment in 1997 after a show winning ground up restoration. Have had a few other Italian Mid engine cars over the years but mostly to buy and sell. Just purchased a "barn Find" 1976
X 1/9 that had been stored for the past 15 years. It needs a bit of love but its all there documented 90K miles some nicks and dents but no rust to speak of.
Brake pedal goes to the floor but it runs and the clutch works- some electrical issues so I am going to be looking for advice as to Master cylinder replacement etc

Howdy Maury, I'm new to the forum as well. My first fiat was an X 1/9 also. Was a basket case I worked on for a bit and passed it along. Good luck to ya in your venture bringing it to life. I am taking on a 63 1200B roadster now. Not a lot of parts or info on it so far.

Good luck Maury mine was the opposite of a basket case and still needs work every day! The upside is that you won't be bored!!

Cheers
RDS

Maury,

I did the master cylinder a few years ago.
Change the brake one at the same time as they are either side of the steering column.
I had great fun ?
Have a look at a couple of posts I made, although mine is a 1985. So could be a few differences.
Good luck

Regards
Simon

Hi Maury!
I also just picked up a '76 X that's been sitting for 10 years. I'll have to pick your brain perhaps as I get my restoration project started. Cheers, and congrats!

Back