General New Marea owner: 3 questions/problems

Currently reading:
General New Marea owner: 3 questions/problems

MaximusPrimal

Hi, I got a 51 plate Marea over the weekend in a swap for my old car and it has a couple of issues which I think are problems and hence I have found this forum to and hope someone can help me.

1) The wipers seem to have no intermittent function. They are either on all the time or off. Also when you flick them off, they stop. Dead. Wherever they are. They do not return to their parked position. Similarly the single flick (pushing the controller up) does the same - the wipers move when the controller is up but stop dead otherwise.

I am guessing the stalk is gone and needs replacing but I wonder if this is the problem or is there something else that could be wrong?

2) I need the airbag looking at as the airbag light is on permanently. On my old car (an R-reg Chrysler Voyager) this fault was normally due to a clock spring I think it was called. Is this the same issue on Fiats? As if it is I will get it looked at while my mechanic replaces the wiper stalk if that is the problem above as I do not fancy removing an airbag to remove the steering wheel.

3) There is a fuel injector warning light on all the time on the dashboard. The car is the 1.9 TD version, and it seems to run fine and has plenty of get up and go/power. Does this indicate I need the injectors replacing or could they just need cleaning? I have added some redex when I filled the tank up as it sometimes helps, but I wonder if that will be enough.

Also I noticed when I start the car the glow plug coil light flashes for about 20 seconds after about 10 seconds of the engine running, then goes out. I wonder if these are related at all or is the latter normal (I have had 2 diesel cars (a Vauxhall and Renault) before this and never seen this happen before).

If anyone can help with any of this I would appreciate it as I am new to Fiat and a little lost and confused. Sorry for all the questions.

Max

I believe the airbag light can stay on after a jump start. A trip to a dealer and plug in a computer to reset it I think. Mine is on now and I'm going to do that.

Hi. Yes I saw this and have ordered the cable off Amazon which should arrive today or tomorrow so I can take a look at both the airbag and fuel injector faults to see what the issue is.

Thanks
Max

Back