IMG_4725.jpeg

500 (Electric) New Luigi

Mineral Grey 500 Action

Introduction

He was delivered on Thursday……less than half price with 3 miles on the clock……beep beep!
Clean as he’ll ever be……just ceramic coated…..hope it stops bird poo burn.

Attachments

• IMG_4798.jpeg
    IMG_4798.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0740.jpeg
    IMG_0740.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0755.jpeg
    IMG_0755.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0764.jpeg
    IMG_0764.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: ben
Who sells a new car at less than half price?
Stoneacre group had quite a few pre-reg 500e Action 73 plate models in variety of colours starting at around £13k all with less than 10 miles on the clock. Mine was delivered from up north with 3 miles on the odometer. The Action model without the central screen and the small battery was not popular in the uk so Fiat heavily incentivised dealers to shift the last few. The car was built in October 22, registered in September 23 and was discounted from £18k over the following months until I purchased it in April 24. The car had sat in their showroom so hadn’t been outside covered in bird poop or repeatedly washed down on the forecourt so the paintwork is completely unmarked as is the interior.

My understanding is that with metallic paint this models rrp was £27195 when it was still on sale during the 22/23 model year, as mine was manufactured during the 23 model year (July 22 to June 23) it has fabric covering the rear seats rather than the painted steel pressing.

As the vehicle was delivered and the sale was remote (recommended in this situation) I was covered by distance selling regs so free to reject the vehicle within 14 days and 50 miles of use for a full refund.

The car is cosmetically indistinguishable from new, the only difference being I am the second registered keeper on the V5 with the dealer being the first.

There are 3 Action models left on Autotrader now ranging from 21k to 26k, I got mine for £12995 delivered so an epic drop from list and pretty much depreciation proof for the next 12 months.

All in all I’m extremely happy with the amount of good quality engineering and design I got for the money.

The bottom has dropped out of low range small electric cars so there are quite a few “deals” out there now.

This is a second car for us so it compliments our combustion car nicely for short journeys.

I hope this answers your question.

Attachments

• IMG_4835.png
    IMG_4835.png
    3 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4837.jpeg
    IMG_4837.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4836.jpeg
    IMG_4836.jpeg
    617.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4838.jpeg
    IMG_4838.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 21
Ceramic coated…..hopefully the birds are kind.

Attachments

• IMG_4838.jpeg
    IMG_4838.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 41
Reactions: ben
I've noticed that Polestar (Polestar 2) and Mazda (MX-30) are heavily discounting their cars at the moment and I am sure there will be more discount from the dealer. Whereas VW have changed the way they sell their electric range you now buy direct from VW UK and they set the price and the dealer has no say in it. Strange if you ask me?

Last edited:
I've noticed that Polestar (Polestar 2) and Mazda (MX-30) are heavily discounting their cars at the moment and I am sure ther will be more from discount from the dealer. Whereas VW have changed the way they sell their electric range you now buy direct from VW UK and they set the price and the dealer has no say in it. Strange if you ask me?
The MDP or retail business model where the manufacturer own the vehicle as opposed to the dealer purchasing it from the manufacturer and then selling it is different (I think) from pre-reg when the manufacturer incentivises the dealer with ever increasing (monthly) commission for shifting a car that has been held in stock for close to or even over a year. I remember this from my days in car sales.

Due to misinformation and unrealistic rrp’s the electric vehicle push has stalled and there is now oversupply which obviously means if you’re in the position to buy outright (avoiding high apr’s) then there really are some fantastic deals out there right now.

I have noticed the prices of pre-reg electric cars is firming up now though and the really crazy low prices seem to have evaporated.

Originally I was (funny as you mention that model) looking at an MX-30 (seriously amazing interior quality) but the vehicle I drove all the way to Stockton-On-Tees to view was damaged so I ended up getting the 500e.

The Polestar and Mazda are both on 0% too and that's with the big discount. The Mazda is £249 deposit and £249 a month with 0% over four years.
To me that is a good deal. As you say, I was impressed with the interior quality too. Less impressed with the rear "doors" and the range though.

The Polestar and Mazda are both on 0% too and that's with the big discount. The Mazda is £249 deposit and £249 a month with 0% over four years.
To me that is a good deal. As you say, I was impressed with the interior quality too. Less impressed with the rear "doors" and the range though.
I’m old fashioned and would prefer to own the car outright and not have it tied to a pcp etc, these tend only to be good for the manufacturer really but I know that this is the way a lot of people rent/own/use cars now.

Rear doors I liked just from an engineering and oddness point of view…..range wouldn’t be a problem for us as it’s a second car….for a secondary vehicle (with current battery tech) I’d rather have a smaller cell pack as effectively lugging round another couple of people (weight wise) makes no sense if the range is suitable……also a 10 minute fast charge isn’t a huge inconvenience in my opinion/experience.

I'm not in the UK currently, do are seeing "different news feeds"

One was the spring 24 US launch of this car..

A guy with the original US 500E stating this less "efficient" despite 10 years of "progress".. 🤔

You had a great deal 👍
I can’t comment on the bigger battery pack but I’ve got more than the manufacturer states range/efficiency wise on my first 20-80% charges in mixed use.

The battery packs fitted in the city range and long range new 500e are Samsung water cooled prismatic cell packs, I don’t think these have anything in common with the previous 500e which was a California only compliance vehicle that was not designed as a ground up EV.

I am finding the efficiency to be better than the manufacturer quotes for this model/battery pack although I know it won’t be great in the winter months.

The battery packs fitted in the city range and long range new 500e are Samsung water cooled prismatic cell packs, I don’t think these have anything in common with the previous 500e which was a California only compliance vehicle that was not designed as a ground up EV.

I am finding the efficiency to be better than the manufacturer quotes for this model/battery pack although I know it won’t be great in the winter months.

I was interested as Range quoted by FIAT.. as we will call them for simplicity was 149 miles, and the article said that's on summer EV Tires. 50% of U. S. States need all season tyres.. So range was now in the 120's

A far cry from the 199 debate seen on here

Biggest point of note for me..
(as I Am interested)

They quoted 116 MPGe ( electric equivalent of liquid fuel)
Apparently that is Poor.. with much bigger modern EV's better

That was their Yardstick..
Along with "watts per mile"..kOr another Electric value.. it was new to me)

Hence the Repeat Customer in the Mexican built 500e (sold in 3 x US States 10 years ago) saying his "older and modified 500"
Was more power efficient than the Purpose Built car we are all now discussing

By this Economy scale.. Apparently the Tesla Model Y is Actually better than a 500 🤔 as are Hyundai offerings

NOTE:
may well be comparing
"Apples to Oranges"..
As the previous 500 in the US was 200kg heavier than the UK one.. So all had 1.4 4cylinder motors

Maybe this is the case here..
more kit /weight?

Last edited:
I was interested as Range quoted by FIAT.. as we will call them for simplicity was 149 miles, and the article said that's on summer EV Tires. 50% of us States need all season tyres.. So range was now in the 120's

(as I Am interested)

Along with "watts per mile".. Or another Electric value.. it was new to me

Hence the Repeat Customer in the Mexican built 500e (sold in 3 x US States 10 years ago) saying his "older and modified 500"

Apparently the Tesla Model Y is Actually better than a 500 🤔

NOTE:
may well be comparing
"Apples to Oranges"..
As the previous 500 in the US was 200kg heavier than the UK one.. So all had 1.4 4cylinder motors

more kit /weight?
The 500e is going to have an uphill struggle in the US, as they have with their other offerings.

I don’t see the 500e staying on sale for long in America as it’s such a small car that can only really be viewed as a 2+2 and the list price puts it close to the model 3/Y (with state subsidies) which it obviously is never going to compete with them in any metric.

The 500e (in my experience) has been giving me around 90 miles keeping the car between 20 and 80% charge on the small battery but my usage says my average speed is 37mph as my use is predominantly sub-urban with little motorway use.

A Youtube channel I watch called battery life came up with a good set of real world statistics comparing the 500e to other bigger and similar sized EV’s and it did very well in efficiency:

I hope we’re allowed to post links? Sorry if not.

Attachments

• IMG_4864.jpeg
    IMG_4864.jpeg
    428.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I was interested as Range quoted by FIAT.. as we will call them for simplicity was 149 miles, and the article said that's on summer EV Tires. 50% of U. S. States need all season tyres.. So range was now in the 120's

(as I Am interested)

Along with "watts per mile"..kOr another Electric value.. it was new to me)

By this Economy scale.. Apparently the Tesla Model Y is Actually better than a 500 🤔 as are Hyundai offerings

NOTE:
may well be comparing
"Apples to Oranges"..

more kit /weight?
My efficiency may also be better as the base car has 185/65 R15 tyres so less road and wind resistance and it’s 150kg lighter than the big battery model and only ever has 2 x 70kg adults in it.

Pretty sure US model was on 17's
Yep, it’s fully loaded……but so is the one in the video.

Seems to be reasonably efficient to me and the reviewer.

The drag coefficient isn’t going to be stellar on the 500e either as it’s a heritage design and some things can’t deviate too much in order to maintain 500 proportions.

Back