Cinquecento New here but long time Cinq Sport owner

Currently reading:
Cinquecento New here but long time Cinq Sport owner

MatteoMadMonk

Hello everyone. I finally joined, mainly because my much loved Cinq Sporting is in a spot of bother. Failed the MOT for many reasons, main problem is rear sub frame.

I understand the Seicento subframe fits the Cinq, right? Did the Sportings have a different subframe, or were they the same as basic models?

Any advice on quickest/cheapest way to get a replacement? Fiat Italy are apparently quoting £700(!) and a long lead time ...

Do I need to post my question in the Cinq section?

All help very gratefully received! Thanks in advance.

So first off, welcome to FF :wave:

No you don't need to post a seperate thread as this is showing in the cento section thanks to its cinquecento prefix ;)

so yes, all the cinqs and seis have interchangeable rear subframes. If you find a solid seicento one in the scrappies thats gonna be the cheapest way to get a replacement.

A word of warning however, once you unbolt your subframe it is highly unlikely that the metal behind it that it bolts to will not need some rust repair, particularly if you have a rotten subframe as it is...

What is specifically wrong with the rear of your cinq? got any pics of it and/or the mot failure sheet?

Thanks for the reply, very sorry ablout the delay in responding. Other problems are fixable, the subframe is more of a problem. Relying on garage as cannot do work myself. Not sure whether to finally give up and buy a seicento, but wouldn't be the same.

Back